Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Understand what you're trying to say, however in fairness, these are totally different calibre of player we are talking about here.

The positions they play make a big difference as well.

Were they both ACL injuries? Would be concerning if so , the bigger guys reall struggle to recover, follow Munster in the rugby and having similar issues with one of our south African second rows, been nearly 2 years sidelined at this stage

9 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Were they both ACL injuries? Would be concerning if so , the bigger guys reall struggle to recover, follow Munster in the rugby and having similar issues with one of our south African second rows, been nearly 2 years sidelined at this stage

Good point... No I think Diego did his ankle, not knee?

Just checked: Achilles Tendon it was.

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Wesley injury was a hell of a lot worse I thought? 

Much much worse! 

It's a weird one, as everyone is of the opinion that Carlos is going to be a colossus, we've yet to see what he can do in this team in this league (Bournemouth wasn't a brilliant start). Throw injury into the mix, and he may not prove to be a first name on the sheet signing. 

Way we're managing games since UE came in he'll get plenty of sub minutes when we're winning. Look at how many defenders we put on with 10-15 minutes left at Spurs when we were 2 up.

Not sure what the panic is. 7-8 months is standard for achilles rupture if not longer so back sometime in March is realistic timeline and then we ease him in.

• Like 1

Achilles rupture ended the Villa Benteke IMO. He was never the same the rest of his career. Luckily Rodgers demanded Liverpool sign him so we snuck £30m out of them.

Carlos' speed very well may be affected. Especially his burst off the spot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd rather go the Martin Laursen way with my thoughts about his recovery.. than the Benteke or Wesley thoughts route.

We get 18 months from him and then he has to retire 😮

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It depends a lot on the severity, you can partially rupture an Achilles (I’ve done it) or it can completely tear, fingers crossed for the former in this instance.

In his case, I’m fairly sure its a complete rupture. The length of time he’s been out as well as the fact that he went for surgery to fix it suggests so.

On 11/02/2023 at 12:44, Tomaszk said:

Achilles rupture ended the Villa Benteke IMO. He was never the same the rest of his career. Luckily Rodgers demanded Liverpool sign him so we snuck £30m out of them.

Carlos' speed very well may be affected. Especially his burst off the spot.

True, but 14/15 Benteke under Sherwood was still a menace. He was even scoring free kicks towards the end 😂

Â