Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

I don't agree with ours being ruled out, but I can see the argument. The lack of penalty for being smacked in the face with an arm, in the context of the soft as shit penalties we see the "big 6" get every week though? That boils my piss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

The ref is looking straight at it, never a foul, nearly ever goal that is scored from a corner wouldn’t stand, players runs get blocked all the time. 

Yep, if we start blowing for fouls, every set piece would be blown up for imaginary fouls.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I liked your post and agree, yet you gave the ref top marks?

Shome mishtake shurely?

ahhh ****, they even robbed me of a vote, deffo mistake....mishtake

this actually angers me more than it should. Can i get a revoke?

***update, changed my vote, feels like a win. Villarcana 1 man utd 14th man 1

Edited by Villarcana
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He stopped Cavani from running into the box. If he was unaware of the run it’s not a foul, he makes an attempt to block him

What are you even talking about?

Cavani has no right to just expect an opposition player to step aside for him. It's the same in either half. If you knowingly run full pelt into a player who hasn't budged, how is that the opposition player's fault? Ramsey was under no obligation to make way for him.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

JJ isn’t even looking at the ball or running into the box to try and play the ball, anyone trying to argue otherwise needs to watch it again. It’s a foul 

Where in the rules does it say you must look at the ball?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

That's not what I said.

I'm not saying there's no corruption, just that in THIS INCIDENT the rules were correctly applied.  

Plenty of incidents where they were not.

You could say that about almost any goal scored. If any contact is a free kick then you could rule out almost every goal. 
This is the City game again when a rule was plucked from nowhere to allow the goal and it was never mentioned again. 

we were the better team to be fair.

However, conceded the usual silly goal, and when we were on top we once again werent clinical and failed to capitalise whilst being on top for large parts of the game.

VAR is corrupt, and i mean that honestly, they looked for any excuse not to give that Ings goal, it was actually corrupt imo, im amazed they are allowed to get away with it, its clear to anyone with a brain what these corrupt f**** are doing.

No way that Ings goal would have been ruled out if it were Manure who scored it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

By the way Luke Shaw, I cant stand him. It's odd for me to have a real dislike for a player.

Every time I watch him he seems close to being sent off. Got away with 4 bad tackles before getting booked for taking down Ramsey.

I can’t stand him and I hate the sight of his stupid face. It doesn’t help that he looks like my word removed of a neighbour who’s also a real short arse, arrogant clearing in the woods. 

• Like 1

Guys, it wasn't disallowed for a foul. It was disallowed for offside. Ramsey came back from an offside position and 'interfered with play.'

We can argue how much he actually changed the course of the play (0%) but the same happened against Arsenal with Barkley 'interfering' with Leno.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

People want to complain about non-existent corruption. We should’ve scored 3 but failed to convert. No one to blame but ourselves. 

I won't call it corruption, but a couple of extremely shite decisions surely.

You are correct overall though, we continue to waste phases of dominance, get sucker punched and become impotent.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He really doesn't for me - he's moving his body naturally anticipating the cross. Cavani should be the one avoiding him. It's not a foul, 50/50 at best. It doesn't change the pattern of play at all. It's an arbitrary decision to favour United.

Are you serious. He’s facing Utd’s  net. Our whole team are running into the box and he’s watching Cavani. Look at where the ball is and where his body is. He’s not anticipating anything 

BB71B321-4A4B-42F3-A69E-C627AC6938F8.jpeg

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He really doesn't for me - he's moving his body naturally anticipating the cross. Cavani should be the one avoiding him. It's not a foul, 50/50 at best. It doesn't change the pattern of play at all. It's an arbitrary decision to favour United.

this. Cavani could have ran like mr Gump and would still have been far away from the play. looked like a 50/50 for me.

Â