Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

Just now, villalad21 said:

Playing well is worthless if you keep losing. 

That's 3 losses on the bounce. Could be 4 after Saturday. 

I agree, a rarity I know but I totally agree

The criticism is of the inconsistent application of VAR, which this season especially seems to far more frequently benefit the so called big teams. It's about more than the VAR decision making process on the field.

At this point there is no way I could be convinced that the FA and the PGMOL are not comfy bed fellows assisting each other and the "big 6" to ensure that the football cash keeps rolling into the big teams, and keeping the Premier League cash cow more sacred than every other league.

Nobody else has a chance. It's a fix.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Yep. For all the pissing and whining that Villa fans will do over this game, we lost and its our own fault.

Perhaps you don't have many friends who support other teams; if so allow me to enlighten you. Any club's supporters would be "pissing and whining" after losing a game like that with those decisions going against them.

I have an Arsenal fan in my ear right now saying we were robbed. I had a United fan during the match messaging to say he couldn't understand how we were losing. Naturally I explained to him it's because they had 13 men on their side and we only had 11, which cleared it up for him, but I digress.

• Like 3

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

He stopped Cavani from running into the box. If he was unaware of the run it’s not a foul, he makes an attempt to block him

He really doesn't for me - he's moving his body naturally anticipating the cross. Cavani should be the one avoiding him. It's not a foul, 50/50 at best. It doesn't change the pattern of play at all. It's an arbitrary decision to favour United.

• Like 4

Let's not blame the officials and VAR. We did not put away good chances. 

Where is the point of having Coutinho and Digne putting in wonderful crosses if our strikers cannot put them in the net.

And some of our passing was abominable.

Â