Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I would actually in all other prior circumstances agree with you but this really was a **** joke today

The moment in the first half where he literally had his arm around Fred and was joking with him was utterly nauseating. If you can't be impartial at least try to look like it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We need to stop this insecurity blaming refs and VAR. We played well, deserved better but if we stopped making stupid Sunday League defensive errors we wouldn't be having this discussion. Sort out our defence and we will improve 

Totally agree, we are rapidly making ourselves out to be victims, we are clearly better than that.

Just now, ozvillafan said:

No argument about Bruno and Shaw.

But your response is simply "JJ fouled Cavani" - based on what? Holding his ground?

Lets make this perfectly clear: Ramsay is standing in front of Cavani on purpose. He wants to make sure Cavani needs to run around him should the ball come to the far post.

This is entirely legal.

No it’s not. You’re not allowed to do it if you are an off side player. The decision was correct. 

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don’t agree that he affected play too but if we’re talking offside, offside is offside :(

With the caveat that I’ve not read the entire internet , Ive not seen any media report (yet) that it was disallowed for offside .

sky and BBC both saying it was for obstruction 

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Better team lost

We don’t know how to score!

but we know how to concede....that was poor defending.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

With the caveat that I’ve not read the entire internet , Ive not seen any media report (yet) that it was disallowed for offside .

sky and BBC both saying it was for obstruction 

Yes it was for obstruction by an off side player. The rules for obstruction are different for a player who is off side. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

No it’s not. You’re not allowed to do it if you are an off side player. The decision was correct. 

So you're offside standing there - maybe you're having a smoke, maybe you're having a wank, maybe you're doing anything else other than paying attention to the game - then someone else runs into you and you've fouled them? Ok then....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

This is completely right. At any attacking free kick, you'll always see players standing in offside positions for tactical reasons - i.e. so they can engage in the second phase of play when they're back onside unmarked. Obviously they aren't looking to engage in the first phase of play since that's not the gameplan nor do they need to under the rules.

This VAR ruling for Cavani should incentivise players on the defending team in those situations to just run into the offside attacking players since they'll then get a foul called in their favour

Do you really think this was JJ’s intention 

49 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Rubbish. We're so easy to beat and never take our chances. Subs were shit from Gerrard as well. 

Get the United league game out of the way so we don't have to deal with these words removed for another season. 

Lets hope we can deal with it, in this window.

Ollie was shit im sorry but he was.

Every  time utd made a mistake he would get the ball and run aaay from the goal. The times he did run tiwarfs goal he would either mis place a pass or run into a player. Sorry for me has to be dropped on saturday.

Luiz was poor fitsy half but got better 2nd. Thought cash was good alpng with mcginn. 

Enraged and sickened.

Man U 💰 refs 🤝 

First half was poor and disappointing but we were all over them 2nd half until we subbed off Ramsey and Buendia.

Ings brings barely anything to us and can’t play with Watkins who is the superior footballer. It hasn’t worked out but I hope it does, he’s useless without quality service though. We overspent imo too. 

Anyway, it was there for the taking today…

They are shite.

We must get revenge in the next game, attack and destroy them! 

12 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The "everything favours the big teams" and "corruption to keep the same teams at the top" is the exact same small time rubbish that we'd kill SHA fans for. Embarrassing.

Niave to think there isn’t any corruption at some level. 

• Haha 1

Â