Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

If it was given for Ramsey being offside (and involved?) then why did the ref need to look at the screen?? Isn't it normally lines on the screen and then ruled out. It seems like someone was offside but we needed to involve the ref to find a reason they were involved in the goal. What a farce

Edited by Bosnichs Muller corner

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Read the rule for obstruction and watch it back.

Ramsey is in an offside position, keeps his eyes on Cavaniand steps into him to block him.

Meanwhile Cavani is watching the ball.

Clearest obstruction you will ever see.

You honestly telling me if that's a villa player getting block by a United player, you don't want it disallowed?  If you say no, you're lying to yourself.

It wasn’t a foul for obstruction. It was offside. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Funnily enough, both scored.

Well, they didn’t technically. I get what your saying and I understand the emoji reactions too, I want them to click but neither imo are doing enough imo, both very poor this season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

So if a goal is reviewed because of a foul and it turns out there is no foul but then its discovered that the player was offside, the goal should still stand?

Absolute nonsense.

Either that or wait 4 minutes after every goal while they look at everything in whatever detail suits the overall refereeing agenda

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Rubbish, JJ never moved ,Cavani (who was never getting anywhere near the ball) just ran into him to try and get a free kick 

VAR then tried to find Ings offside, couldn't get that so made up a foul by JJ It's just corrupt I'm afraid

Have you seen the quotes from Mike Halsey who admits refs are told to favour certain teams!! 

I’d be interested in those quotes. Linky?

Games like this make you wonder why do we even bother

I genuinely can't see us ever winning a trophy again and best case scenario is one day we might scrape a europa conference league spot

The same old will continue to dominate the league with their inbuilt commercial advantages and will either invent new rules to stop anyone else joining their club or have another go in creating a super league in the future

I have mentioned it before but before the premier league started Villa and United had both won an equal amount of league titles, FA Cups, and European Cups. 

We will never ever catch them up

65 years and counting

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

It's not just 'any contact' though is it?

It's a player standing in an offside position starting at the man he wants to block 9ff and steps into him to make sure he blocks him.  Meanwhile Cavani is watching the ball and doesn't know Ramsey is there.

The Konsa 9ne is a much better one where we should have gotten a penalty and didn't.  Shaw looks around at Konsa then swings his arm

As they said in BBC it’s only an offence if they (Cavani) will get to the ball which he’s nowhere near. 
On the Konsa foul, we will never get that! We don’t get stonewall pens and the VAR refuses to look at them! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Read the rule for obstruction and watch it back.

Ramsey is in an offside position, keeps his eyes on Cavaniand steps into him to block him.

Meanwhile Cavani is watching the ball.

Clearest obstruction you will ever see.

You honestly telling me if that's a villa player getting block by a United player, you don't want it disallowed?  If you say no, you're lying to yourself.

I don’t agree with your interpretation.  

Bet you if it had been the other way around it wouldn’t have been ruled out for Man U.

I’ve tried to see it your way and at best it’s 50/50 on that interpretation, it’s very soft to rule that out and given it took 3.5 minutes to get to that is very dubious and looks like they were trying to find something to give a foul on.  It’s a very soft call.

• Like 3

Great performance for a majority of the game , got manure at old Trafford to kick the ball away and keep having to resort to fouling in the second half , if we had took a couple of the many chances created we’d be hailing SG , agree we need a few changes in personnel to get the job done and make us more consistent , he’s juggling at the moment with the subs but with more players arriving some that were on the pitch will be decent back up , it might take more than the first week of the January transfer window to get things how he wants , no negative from me 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Cavani would never have got to that ball. So really Ramsey wasn't interfering with play.

And Leno wouldn’t have saved McGinn’s shot. Offside is offside. 

I don’t agree that he affected play too but if we’re talking offside, offside is offside :(

Just now, Herman22 said:

As they said in BBC it’s only an offence if they (Cavani) will get to the ball which he’s nowhere near. 
On the Konsa foul, we will never get that! We don’t get stonewall pens and the VAR refuses to look at them! 

It’s the lack of VAR check that gets me.

• Like 1

So tiring in every way. Feel Gerrard let the team down with his subs. Someone mentioned Buendia looking happy when subbed; my impression was that he was so shocked at being pulled despite being the best player on the pitch that he began to speak in tongues.

Â