Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

Shame it took them going 1 up before we switched on.

Lack of final 3rd quality cost us. Better forwards, finishers, final balls and we walk that game.

Like Targett, but Digne walks into this side. 

A sharp, fit Coutinho tears them a new arsehole.

First complete performance from Buendia. 

Ramsey is Gerrard reincarnate. Did he lose the ball once?

Ings and Watkins didn't look terrible together for once, but still no goals/assists.

Oliver being Oliver.

VAR being MUFC VAR.

Hate playing UTD. Hope we burst them next week.

Pity to be out of the cup...

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I could say the same about you if you think that should be ruled out by the rules of the game.

Read the rule for obstruction and watch it back.

Ramsey is in an offside position, keeps his eyes on Cavaniand steps into him to block him.

Meanwhile Cavani is watching the ball.

Clearest obstruction you will ever see.

You honestly telling me if that's a villa player getting block by a United player, you don't want it disallowed?  If you say no, you're lying to yourself.

Thought we played well but lacked quality (and luck) in important moments, felt quite typically Villa that. Coutinho and Digne probably would've been game changers so at least there's that to look forward to. 

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Are you serious. He’s facing Utd’s  net. Our whole team are running into the box and he’s watching Cavani. Look at where the ball is and where his body is. He’s not anticipating anything 

BB71B321-4A4B-42F3-A69E-C627AC6938F8.jpeg

I could easily find a frame that shows JJ trying to get out of the way of Cavani - the point is, in real-time, it's not ever a foul. VAR is not fit for purpose.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't agree with ours being ruled out, but I can see the argument. The lack of penalty for being smacked in the face with an arm, in the context of the soft as shit penalties we see the "big 6" get every week though? That boils my piss.

Imagine if the likes of Kane, Ronaldo etc were bleeding from the face after being hit in the box? Regardless of how " soft " it was? 🤦🏿

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Guys, it wasn't disallowed for a foul. It was disallowed for offside. Ramsey came back from an offside position and 'interfered with play.'

We can argue how much he actually changed the course of the play (0%) but the same happened against Arsenal with Barkley 'interfering' with Leno.

Cavani would never have got to that ball. So really Ramsey wasn't interfering with play.

• Like 1

Are you serious. He’s facing Utd’s  net. Our whole team are running into the box and he’s watching Cavani. Look at where the ball is and where his body is. He’s not anticipating anything 

When contact made between them, ramsey is turning his body to be able to run to get into the box. Thats when cavani runs head first into him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If that's Ramsey running towards goal and Cavani standing his ground, we absolutely dont get a penalty.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The narrative will be the ref lost us the game and the decision not to give a goal was a disgrace, but we're still largely awful going forward, give the ball away far too much, and make basic errors like we did for the goal.

At the minimum today we should be taking that game to pens but we go out to a poor Man U team who both Newcastle and Wolves got the better of.

It's another loss, we're out at the third round of this competition yet again and it's just another downside of a very disappointing season.

I'll back Gerrard but his great start has largely faded now and it's now three defeats in a row. Man U at home on Saturday is winnable, they really look bad, but another loss and I could see the positive atmosphere start to change. 

I get you but we can’t expect to win at Old Trafford ever, and again we lost a game we were favourites to lose - our form is only as bad as Utds. However it is 4 wins and 5 defeats now, so yes, there is no gloss any more. 

Hard work, better performances and better players needed. Midfield was lacking for me today, as was effort in the last third for most of the game. With new additions I am confident we are much better next season but we need to improve and start some momentum. 

Targett, Mings, Luiz and our striking dilemma need sorting out. Cash wasn’t great either tonight.

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Who gives a shit? It was a foul and correctly disallowed. If you dont think so, you're blinkered or you dont know the rules of the game.

I’m not sure you understand the rules of the game.  Plus if it had been the other way around I bet you Man U wouldn’t have had it ruled out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

You could say that about almost any goal scored. If any contact is a free kick then you could rule out almost every goal. 
This is the City game again when a rule was plucked from nowhere to allow the goal and it was never mentioned again. 

It's not just 'any contact' though is it?

It's a player standing in an offside position starting at the man he wants to block 9ff and steps into him to make sure he blocks him.  Meanwhile Cavani is watching the ball and doesn't know Ramsey is there.

The Konsa 9ne is a much better one where we should have gotten a penalty and didn't.  Shaw looks around at Konsa then swings his arm

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

JJ isn’t even looking at the ball or running into the box to try and play the ball, anyone trying to argue otherwise needs to watch it again. It’s a foul 

Rubbish, JJ never moved ,Cavani (who was never getting anywhere near the ball) just ran into him to try and get a free kick 

VAR then tried to find Ings offside, couldn't get that so made up a foul by JJ It's just corrupt I'm afraid

Have you seen the quotes from Mike Halsey who admits refs are told to favour certain teams!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It doesn’t **** matter, he can do a handstand if he wants. He can pull his pants down and do a shit. standing in one spot and looking another direction is not a foul.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

Every single player on the pitch was dreadful for 99% of that match. Few moments of quality from Ramsey and Buendia. Stunned at how bad that was. Simple passes. Reacting like drunks. They must look around the leagues and wonder how they’ve bluffed their way to this level. Watkins and Ings, £60 million. 

I hope Michael Oliver wakes up in Saigon tomorrow morning before being sent up river. 

Â