Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

Just now, Mantis said:

Even neutrals are pointing out how ridiculous that decision was, so I don't really know why you're so intent on defending it?

Who is neutral that’s pointing out its ridiculousness? And I’m defending it because it was clearly the right call. 

The VAR decision was ridiculous and absolutely typical of playing this lot. 

First half was tactically quite interesting. We did the Gerrard style of playing extremely narrow/trying to dominate the centre of the park and Ragnick (ironically given he basically invented that style of play which he passed on to Klopp who passed on to Gerrard) decided to mitigate through playing old school 90s really wide 442. Basically allowed us to dominate the middle but for them to dominate the flanks which gave them some joy. 

Not sure what happened in the second half but the dynamic completely changed and we bossed them. Maybe its just one of those periods of time where our xG will be higher than our actual goals - these trends do pass and I can't fault any of the front 3 for their performances. But I agree with others that our decision making at times was just terrible. 

What exactly does Aaron Danks do? Recruited in the summer to help coach our attacking play but the coherence between the forwards has been terrible at times and hasn't improved under Gerrard.

I love this scramble to try find the “reason” for ruling out the goal. 

Cavani has run into JJ and dived to the floor. The refs have decided to rule out the goal, they just needed to find a “reason”. And 4mins later they did. 

• Like 3

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

We created loads. We had 2 disallowed., We have Coutinho coming in. The issue is at the back not the front

Can only remember the keeper making one save in the 2nd half .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Let's beat this lot Saturday and ruin their top four pursuit. Utterly disgraceful officiating. This is a bang average United side. We'll be well up for it Saturday and I expect us to win be a couple of goals. Coutinho will easily make a difference and be the best player on the pitch. I'm really really fuming over this level of officiating, and think Gerrard will have us massively up for it Saturday. But...

He got his subs far too wrong. The bench was weak as hell. Okay one of Ings or Watkins and we have someone to bring on. Buendia coming off for El Ghazi a was the wrong decision.

But I'll bet my balls we beat these Saturday.

Hope you've got a pair of clackers to slip into the sac when we get cheated again.

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

On the replay, you see the supposed offence involving Ramsey happened about six feet away from the ref, right in his eyeline.

Yet he still decided to go with VAR.

Of course, nothing sinister about that at all.

Exactly, Why spend 4 minutes examining if the ball brushed off Watkins boot if they've seen that clear and obvious foul in the build up. There is a clear bias towards the top clubs when it comes to these decisions. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Anyone who wants to talk about ‘obstruction’ with me, please explain how what Ramsey did is in any way more an infringement than the last moment of the game where Philogene-Bidace put the ball past Shaw, and Shaw puts his arms out and blocks the run without going near the ball.

Neither are fouls, it’s football and you’re allowed to stand your ground.

Depends which team you are on mate. **** fuming

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Played well tonight, but I'm getting a bit **** fed up of losing to the 'top' sides. We need to start getting results against them.

He's been here 2 months and we've gave a few of them a bloody nose.

What are you expecting here?

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Odd choices for the game, but I think he was getting them in the shop window. 

thats did cross my mind, if true thats the only reasonable explanation!

Â