Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

Every time we play united i feel we been treated unfairly by referees...

All in your imagination, that would surely never happen.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

No, bullshit. The ball is gone, he’s not shielding it, he’s blocking it. Also, it’s not a foul. He has every right to stand exactly where he is. The same with Ramsey. He didn’t move, Cavani ran at him.

Correct.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Var should only be checking for the one thing it's being asked to check for.

So if a goal is reviewed because of a foul and it turns out there is no foul but then its discovered that the player was offside, the goal should still stand?

Absolute nonsense.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He's been here 2 months and we've gave a few of them a bloody nose.

What are you expecting here?

Think we do well, and in some cases really well, from losing positions rather than let our heads drop

We've outplayed teams whilst still looking a bit sloppy, there's enough signs that it'll tighten up though with time imo 

The subs were poor tonight though, timing and players were off

The narrative will be the ref lost us the game and the decision not to give a goal was a disgrace, but we're still largely awful going forward, give the ball away far too much, and make basic errors like we did for the goal.

At the minimum today we should be taking that game to pens but we go out to a poor Man U team who both Newcastle and Wolves got the better of.

It's another loss, we're out at the third round of this competition yet again and it's just another downside of a very disappointing season.

I'll back Gerrard but his great start has largely faded now and it's now three defeats in a row. Man U at home on Saturday is winnable, they really look bad, but another loss and I could see the positive atmosphere start to change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

No, bullshit. The ball is gone, he’s not shielding it, he’s blocking it. Also, it’s not a foul. He has every right to stand exactly where he is. The same with Ramsey. He didn’t move, Cavani ran at him.

Ramsey didn't stand where he was though.  He's looking directly at Cavani and goes out of his way to block him, as he was instructed to do.

Two games on the bounce we were crying out for subs. Buendia off for Ghazi? Have a word. Ramsey did nothing for 45 minutes he should have been off 20 minutes earlier. If we’re going to continue with this narrow system then teams will punish us every game out wide. How many breaks did they have over the top leaving us on the back foot. We’re lucky rashford and Greenwood are out of form. Two games in a row now I’m not happy with our in game management 

Poor goal to concede and weird subs but other than that, we really deserved to win the game. The interplay between players was very good at times and we were just too much for Utd to handle at times. 

I’m more mad that the BBC gave McTominay man of the match than I am with the shit officiating .

some great slick play in the midfield that we bossed  , just that final piece of magic in the box required and we can start turning these defeats into victories , hopefully that’s where Coutinho comes into the equation.

Non Villa but what did OGS do to a Rashford and Greenwood , they’ve both turned into pub players

Â