The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, John said:

Coral have: Gerrard 7/4, JT 5/2, Frankie Lamps 5/2, Fonseca 5/1, Potter 12/1, Nuno 12/1, Hjulmand 16/1, Martinez 16/1, Farke 20/1, Favre 20/1, Dyche 25/1 & Bruce 33/1! :rolleyes:

I think having Emi as player/manager might be a wonderful idea.

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dave-R said:

As someone else put it I think we should be done with English managers.

Is Poch not taken? Pay over the odds for Bielsa he likes money? lol.

What about a German Coach??? We have to give English managers a rest for a while, we have a young team that can learn new methods from foreign Coaches and we should take the opportunity to give them this experience. 

He's dealing with the superstars of PSG at the minute

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Emery was a strange one, Newcastle pretty much announced it, then he pulled out. Wonder what the story was there? Maybe didn't like how they went to the press so early? 

Would be a good appointment I reckon

I think the story is that it was agreed but he was annoyed that the "news" was broken just before his team was due to play an important match in Europe.  So that suggests that he is open to a good offer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

Coral have: Gerrard 7/4, JT 5/2, Frankie Lamps 5/2, Fonseca 5/1, Potter 12/1, Nuno 12/1, Hjulmand 16/1, Martinez 16/1, Farke 20/1, Favre 20/1, Dyche 25/1 & Bruce 33/1! :rolleyes:

Did Unai Emery turn down Newcastle because he had been sounded out by us?

Is Dyche ready to leave the Clarets for the Claret & Blues? 

image.jpeg.02eaef2b72f639134dcf4fe374676ca9.jpeg

If Bruce comes here honestly the cabbages will come out way to fast.

Do not bring garbage patch kid here for the love of God.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John said:

I’m just going to go and cry at that! I hope it’s just manipulated bookies as usual because that’s just shit.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I just hope the board have a plan. To get rid of Smith and potentially appoint a chunt like Gerrard would be disappointing to say the least. 

So do I, and I hope that it proves to be something like this: 

image.jpeg.cd7b466b92781e2692c7454f02ec16f7.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Gerrard has done really well at Rangers who also play really good football. He is brighter than he seems and is a born winner. He is measured and calm and he is also high profile. He will be a real attraction to our players and any new recruits. He will 100% sort out our truly awful midfield. He will win the fans over with performances and results.

Errrr No!

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think having Emi as player/manager might be a wonderful idea.

:trollface:

Where's Hassenhuttl in the betting. I mean Percy has named him in his tweet as a favoured option and would probably be easier to get him out of his club currently than Gerrard at Rangers.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I heard yesterday that we were in talks with Brighton over Graham Potter.

But I'm no ITK, so take that with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Please be true. It makes sense on all levels.

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the story is that it was agreed but he was annoyed that the "news" was broken just before his team was due to play an important match in Europe.  So that suggests that he is open to a good offer. 

I'd heard similar from the media.