The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I heard yesterday that we were in talks with Brighton over Graham Potter.

But I'm no ITK, so take that with the proverbial pinch of salt.

i think whoever it is, it needs to be a statement appointment.(& i dont consider Gerrard a statement appointment.....)

To pull the trigger now with Deano, the pressure is on Purslow now to make sure this appointment will take us to the next level.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Where's Hassenhuttl in the betting. I mean Percy has named him in his tweet as a favoured option and would probably be easier to get him out of his club currently than Gerrard at Rangers.

Why the hell would we want him is the first question…no thanks!

Weird reading BBC and seeing other teams fans reactions to this, probably shows how little fans watch other teams.

I mean it's obvious dean has done a good job here and no villa fan would even argue with that(well maybe some...) But the PERFORMANCES since about Jan/Feb this year really haven't been good, and this year in particular we have put out a number of our worst displays on recent memory.

I'd imagine most villa fans would be sad to see him go but feel like this is probably a decision for the best for the club, the only difficult question is who is the right person to replace him

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Gerrard has been excellent at Rangers. Would be happy with him.

Not difficult to be excellent at Rangers, They play in a League at barely our Championship level with only one other team to worry about, The gap between English PL and Scottish PL is so vast it's untrue.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Why the hell would we want him is the first question…no thanks!

He's managed a team to 2nd in a major euro league. Experienced in premier league, got Ings scoring 20 + a season or so back and promotes young players like Livramento who they signed from Chelsea and is getting rave reviews currently so I imagine he'll tick some of the boxes our board are looking for especially if we go back in for Ward Prowse next summer.

Still relatively young aswell with potential to improve further.

Are you expecting them to be top 6 or something? (In current live table they're only 3 points off that btw).

9 minutes ago, John said:

Coral have: Gerrard 7/4, JT 5/2, Frankie Lamps 5/2, Fonseca 5/1, Potter 12/1, Nuno 12/1, Hjulmand 16/1, Martinez 16/1, Farke 20/1, Favre 20/1, Dyche 25/1 & Bruce 33/1! :rolleyes:

Did Unai Emery turn down Newcastle because he had been sounded out by us?

Is Dyche ready to leave the Clarets for the Claret & Blues? 

image.jpeg.02eaef2b72f639134dcf4fe374676ca9.jpeg

Tune in to next week’s episode of Villa Parkers.....

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think whoever it is, it needs to be a statement appointment.(& i dont consider Gerrard a statement appointment.....)

To pull the trigger now with Deano, the pressure is on Purslow now to make sure this appointment will take us to the next level.

Agreed.

I just don't see Gerrard doing better than Smith, different league entirely over there, in fact I think Gerrard would be a step down from Smith

Also believe your right they have the money tucked away and can splash the cash here and get someone big in, yes I do believe it can be done because money is money after all. We may indeed have to pay more than what a top of the league club would pay for a world class coach but if it takes us in the right direction then so be it.

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Please be true. It makes sense on all levels.

this time last season bielsa would've made sense on all levels. and wilder the year before that.

i don't want us to go for a flavour of the month manager. we need someone who can really take us forward

• Like 1