The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Please stop saying Gerard or Lampard. At this point if Candyman rules apply then we will be stuck with both of them. 

Well everyone would be dead if candyman Gérard or Lampard arrive, you can throw Bruce to that list as well, noooooooo to any of them.

1 minute ago, Only2McInallys said:

What about Thierry Henry ?Many were happy to have him a few years back.

I think Nuno will be way ahead of Gerrard,Terry etc

Promotion and two 7th placed finishes with local team are pretty good credentials

Nooooooooooooo and Triple Nooooooooooo.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's been 2 hours now and Dwight York is yet to throw his hand into the ring.

tenor.gif

These names get worse I do not want to see him in the role.

Waiting for someone to say Southgate lol.

Edited by Dave-R

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this time last season bielsa would've made sense on all levels. and wilder the year before that.

i don't want us to go for a flavour of the month manager. we need someone who can really take us forward

And for that reason Pepe can get stuffed, he ain’t getting the job. 

what makes the news today so mad is there's just no obvious candidate who the majority...even 50%...of the fanbase would be behind. for this reason i really thought smith would be given time.

the next guy, unless it's an absolutely huge name that takes us by surprise, is really going to hit the ground running to get fans on side.

13 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Gerrard has done really well at Rangers who also play really good football. He is brighter than he seems and is a born winner. He is measured and calm and he is also high profile. He will be a real attraction to our players and any new recruits. He will 100% sort out our truly awful midfield. He will win the fans over with performances and results.

And then he will go to Liverpool when Klopp leaves just as he has already said he wants to Absolutely NO for me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Brighton may not have our rich history or the potential to be what we could be with our owners.

but right now they are in better shape than us and have a similar spend rate, so Potter leaving would be a surprise to be honest.

I think we are in great shape in terms of the football club. We are not the underfunded start from scratch project. Everything has been upgraded to achieve success. The training ground just had the new extension. The youth set up is stronger than ever. There are rich ambitious owners . 

Its because we are in such good shape that our ambitions have been raised. The next manager doesnt need to invoke a major clearout. He just needs to be better tactically and motivationally.

• Like 1

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

And then he will go to Liverpool when Klopp leaves just as he has already said he wants to Absolutely NO for me

all the more reason for him to put 110% into the job. we're a stepping stone for any manager/player right now.

Some of the names mentioned make no sense to relieve Dean Smith of his duties. Hassenhuttl gets Southampton playing well at least although expect a 9-0 somewhere down the line. Potter again like Ralph gets them playing well with emphasis on passing movement and fitness.

For me I’d love Marcelo Gallardo though. We’d be hard to beat and our fitness will match Leeds.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1