The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

20 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Would Gerrard even have the fans on board day 1? I doubt it

Definitely not. Very limited in terms of who we can bring in. Gerrard wouldn’t be my first choice but I’d look forward to it if he was appointed .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's managed a team to 2nd in a major euro league. Experienced in premier league, got Ings scoring 20 + a season or so back and promotes young players like Livramento who they signed from Chelsea and is getting rave reviews currently so I imagine he'll tick some of the boxes our board are looking for especially if we go back in for Ward Prowse next summer.

Still relatively young aswell with potential to improve further.

Are you expecting them to be top 6 or something? (In current live table they're only 3 points off that btw).

So basically another Dean Smith and has bad long runs of form as well which is why some fans wanted Smith gone, may as well stuck with Smith then.

• Like 1

I would be very happy with Gerrard. He has got a bit of the Ron Saunders about him. He can be morose and pretty monotone but he is a winner plain and simple. 

People saying he is no good need to consider that he is nailed on for the Liverpooljob at some point.  Is someobe who is nailed on for the job at Liverpool no good for us ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

all the more reason for him to put 110% into the job. we're a stepping stone for any manager/player right now.

Surely we must be looking more long term than that. The very fact they have got rid of Smith (bad decision by the way) must mean they intend operating at a higher level

ie not a stepping stone scenario

Interesting to see some of the names linked by Coral with Newton Heath, that are not also linked with us. Anyone think that any of these might possibly be shock runners at Villa Park?

Rodgers 9/4, Zidane 3/1, Poch 5/1, Ten Hag 8/1, Lopetegui 14/1, Low 18/1, Deschamps 20/1, Simeone 20/1, Allegri 20/1, Blanc 25/1 & Benitez 33/1. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I would be very happy with Gerrard. He has got a bit of the Ron Saunders about him. He can be morose and pretty monotone but he is a winner plain and simple. 

People saying he is no good need to consider that he is nailed on for the Liverpooljob at some point.  Is someobe who is nailed on for the job at Liverpool no good for us ? 

thats like saying Ole nailed on for the manure job.

Nuff said.

• Like 1

Hassenhuttle would be a better option than Gerrard. I like the 4 2 2 2 with our current squad and also the pressing game is what Smith wanted us to play. So he would have an immediate impact if he came in with the base we have

• Like 2

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I can’t stand Gerrard, but I’d he did get the job then I’d have to try and keep an open mind. He’d have his work cut out to earn any admiration from me though. 

ye im in that boat.

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

all the more reason for him to put 110% into the job. we're a stepping stone for any manager/player right now.

We weren't a stepping stone for Dean Smith. 

• Like 1