The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

Joachim Löw? 

Not much of a club manager

I'd be surprised if he does anything anywhere now, he's also 61, not seen him do much TV work but could see him do some FA consultancy type work or being on advisory panels and committees that kind of thing 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Not much of a club manager

I'd be surprised if he does anything anywhere now, he's also 61, not seen him do much TV work but could see him do some FA consultancy type work or being on advisory panels and committees that kind of thing 

He’s more likely to be sniffing his way around Berghain

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I would be very happy with Gerrard. He has got a bit of the Ron Saunders about him. He can be morose and pretty monotone but he is a winner plain and simple. 

People saying he is no good need to consider that he is nailed on for the Liverpooljob at some point.  Is someobe who is nailed on for the job at Liverpool no good for us ? 

Lampard was nailed on for the Chelsea job. So he must be good, eh? 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

We weren't a stepping stone for Dean Smith. 

says who? when i last checked deano hadn't been offered the liverpool/united/city job so we'll never know if we were a stepping stone for him or not

Nuno makes a lot of sense to me, didn't really fail at Wolves or Spurs, has recent premier league experience, showed last season that he could keep a struggling team in the league, and has also shown that he can get a non top six club into Europe. I woudn't particulary want him, but could see the logic.

Just now, mjmooney said:

Lampard was nailed on for the Chelsea job. So he must be good, eh? 

I see what you mean but i always thought it would be Terry nailed on for Chelsea. Not Lampard. Lampard wpuld not have happened without the transfer ban. 

I think I'd take Nuno. Two 7th place finishes with Wolves was some going when you consider who they finished above. Disappointing season last season though and then not given a chance at Spurs and sacked after 11 league games. He is still only young in managerial terms at 47 and I'd imagine still very ambitious and now also desperate to show Spurs they have made a mistake with that disrespectful sacking.

When managing Wolves he lived in Four Oaks as well so knows the area. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what makes the news today so mad is there's just no obvious candidate who the majority...even 50%...of the fanbase would be behind. for this reason i really thought smith would be given time.

the next guy, unless it's an absolutely huge name that takes us by surprise, is really going to hit the ground running to get fans on side.

But the appointment of a manager is not about appeasing the fanbase. It is and rightly so, about getting the right man for the job. If Purslow gets the right man in then the fanbase will very quickly get behind him

• Like 2