Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because he can play all front 4 positions in a 4231 and more evidence the Tammy link is most likely bollocks

yeah i just thought it was interesting that smith specifically said 'striker' not 'forward'

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

8am announcement is a tad strange. Why announce so early? What's the rush? 

He signed his contract on a youtuve lice stream at 1am. So they had to confirm ASAP 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

8am announcement is a tad strange. Why announce so early? What's the rush? 

Well he signed it overnight on Youtube so we probably had to officially announce it early 

Really over the moon about this signing, so glad it's someone we've signed that some of us have been calling for around 2 seasons now. 

I did always want either Takefuso Kubo or Bailey, but I must admit I think we got a good bargain with Bailey as he could of cost more.

I can't wait to see what this guy does under Smith I feel sorry for defenders this season,I am glad I am not one of them. Must admit if I were a defender, then it would be tactical fouls from what I've seen Bailey do, I just hope defenders don't do that to Bailey like they do to Grealish. I do think that having Buendia and Bailey may now actually take some of those fouls away from Jack.

Looking forward to seeing Bailey in a Villa shirt.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

I have no issue with the way his father/agent was allowed to stream Leon signing his contract.

The target audience was the local Jamaican football fan and with Leon being the poster boy for the national team, this would only help us get more recognition and fans from the Caribbean.

Yes, it was a little kooky and amateur but our club was spoken about with such high regard and respect.

this is a great signing and hopefully we’ll see him play some part in the first game against Watford.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Great signing and his pace will be a huge asset for us.

Never a fan of these 4 year deals though, with his age and profile a 5 year contract would have made more sense. 

I think it'd be 4 years with option of a fifth.

Welcome Leon!

This is an exciting signing, him and Buendia give us fresh options in attack. I’m also curious about Smith’s ‘striker’ comment. I’ve always seen Bailey as a winger but one that can play all across the front. Not sure when he’ll link up with the squad, it might not be soon enough for the Watford game. 

Leon has not gotten the full attention he has deserved due to all the focus being on the Jack soap opera.

I think a very shrewd signing by us and I can't to see him in the Claret & Blue.

Welcome pal.

10 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

It’s important that we sit and take note of how brilliant this signing is, I think.

In any other situation we’d be losing our minds over this one but because of the other thing, it’s hard to get as excited as we should be.

A massive welcome to this absolute baller. With or without players who may/may not be here for the start of the season, this is a phenomenal transfer. A front three of Bailey, Watkins and Buendia is, at worst, a top 10 attack. Over the bloody moon.

It is a brilliant signing and I am over the moon with this however........

Wingers are inconsistent in there nature on the whole, so I really hope we as fans give him time to settle and don't write him off if has two poor games on the bounce. He has huge potential despite not fully living up to the hype of a couple of years ago.

Welcome Leon.

Cracking signing to make with or without Grealish. I suspect the “striker” comments are either to show he’s competition for the front 3/4 positions and/or to make sure people don’t make the assumption that he is Grealish’s replacement and therefore assume Grealish is off. 

17 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

It’s important that we sit and take note of how brilliant this signing is, I think.

In any other situation we’d be losing our minds over this one but because of the other thing, it’s hard to get as excited as we should be.

A massive welcome to this absolute baller. With or without players who may/may not be here for the start of the season, this is a phenomenal transfer. A front three of Bailey, Watkins and Buendia is, at worst, a top 10 attack. Over the bloody moon.

Exactly this. I can't wait to see who we bring in next with the pending £100m! Exciting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

What other thing? ;)

• Haha 1

Â