Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

More explosive player than Jack to be fair.

Yep he is but there is also the factor that Jack will, most likely, be playing for the strongest side in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Yep he is but there is also the factor that Jack will, most likely, be playing for the strongest side in the league.

No no, you misunderstand. He's leaving Villa.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

If they get Kane as well, it's a bit disgusting isn't it?

One of the most hilarious parts of this, is that Arsenal fans are allegedly devastated.

They genuinely thought he was an option for them? 🤣

Edit: Wrong thread.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If they get Kane as well, it's a bit disgusting isn't it?

Yep but I really thinks it's one or the other unless they manage to shift some of their players.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watched highlights and profiling again.

Mental how much Grealish Gate has overshadowed this.

We've potentially got SOME player on our hands.

The lad can do it ALL!

Free kicks - check

Pinpoint crossing/Asisting - check

Striking - Check

Breaking ankles - check

Pace to burn - check

Team player - check

Gets to 99 for Aston Villa on FIFA career mode - CHECK!!!

Nice one JV.

If the Jack deal happens, nothing is done till its done. He will be largely, not totally, forgotten about quicker then u think. Leon, Emi and Ash are a fantastic start to our rebuild and if we can add one or two ballers to that,  we will be better then ever once we're up to speed. 

As the dust starts to settle on this week's madness, perhaps someone can enlighten me...

What I don't understand, is that seemingly both Buendia & Bailey's strongest position is RW. Bailey explosive cutting inside to finish whereas Buendia more of a free roaming role drifting inside and a playmaker. We've a gaping hole now in LW. Is Bailey effective there or are we going to put our record signing (Buendia) in a relatively new position (10)?

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think he’ll starry on the left wing, from some of the videos I’ve seen of him he operates well out there. 
Buendia on the right. 
Then we need an AM unless we’re planning McGinn or Sanson there 

Bailey's preferred position is RW, so ideally it would be Buendia at CAM, Bailey at RW, so really we need a LW.

Just now, MaVilla said:

Bailey's preferred position is RW, so ideally it would be Buendia at CAM, Bailey at RW, so really we need a LW.

In his interview he says he’s happy to play anywhere. Buendia mainly plays re as well.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wonder why this was a 4yr deal and not 5 like Buendia's?

Probably wouldn't sign on for 5 years.

Was pretty clear in the live streams and Q&As that if in 2 seasons we aren't in the Top4 then they'll be looking to move Bailey to somewhere that is.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

In his interview he says he’s happy to play anywhere. Buendia mainly plays re as well.

yes, but his father/agent stated his best position is RW, but would play anywhere.

I agree he can play left or right, but his preferred position is on the right.

He himself prefers playing on the right, but played left wing for Bayer in 2019/2020. He can play both but his amazing stats from last season were playing on the right. 

I reckon he's right wing predominantly,  with the ability to swap wings mid game to mix it up. 

I'd guess then we either play Buendia in the 10 role, and have AEG/new signing for the left, or play Buendia left and play a more defensive midfield 3 behind the BBW front 3.

Be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Â