Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really took him 6/7 hours longer to get from Florida to Jamaica last night than it would take most people.  I think he’s fake and I’m faster than him. 😉

He ran and swam to Jamaica, that's a pretty good time pal. If you're that fit Nick, you can come and do my lawns.

• Haha 1

Deano did use the word striker, but I think he meant that as in forward. However, it does kind of imply that they think he can play across the front three. Which is only a good think, as it makes us even more flexible and fluid, as well as providing a slightly safer back up to Ollie in case of injury and suspension. 

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is he a striker?

I

Smith referred to him as a striker and the story on the official site refers to him as a winger. He even says on his stream his favoured position is wide right. I think Smith said that to emphasise he's an attacker, and possibly to distance the inevitable comments he's a Grealish replacement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Smith referred to him as a striker and the story on the official site refers to him as a winger. He even says on his stream his favoured position is wide right. I think Smith said that to emphasise he's an attacker, and possibly to distance the inevitable comments he's a Grealish replacement.

Yeah, that’s a good point. 

Delighted with this, for a long time now we have been very inconsistent in wide areas (Grealish aside). Traore can be class at times, El Ghazi can nick a goal, Trez will work all day but now we have Bailey and Buendia that improves our starting eleven and should improve our overall play no end.

It would be mouthwatering having Grealish with those two and Watkins, but nevertheless glad to get this one over the line.

Still think we're definitely still a centre half light and I'd be happy with JWP (for the right price) and another forward :) 

Very interesting that he is saying his preferred position is on the right wing. But that is also Buendia's preferred position and Norwich fans has stated he doesn't look great as a 10 in the games he's played there for them.

As good as Bailey probably is this would be my eleven as of the squad right now. I'm not gonna shoehorn players into unfavorable positions just to get them all in the team. It's all about the team. It isn't about any individuals.

..........................Martinez......................

Cash.........Konsa......Mings..........Targett

..............................Nakamba......................

..................McGinn.............Luiz..................

Buendia..............Watkins..............Grealish

Edited by villalad21

38 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I guess this makes him a bit like Bertie T in being able to play wide or as a striker. Gives us options, at least.

I can’t see Traore as a striker, he can’t hold a ball up, he’s not effective in the air, his first touch is hit and miss and I don’t think he’s a clinical finisher so I’m struggling to see how he’d cope playing up top, particularly in our system where all of the aforementioned traits are key.

• Like 1

Â