Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I can’t see Traore as a striker, he can’t hold a ball up, he’s not effective in the air, his first touch is hit and miss and I don’t think he’s a clinical finisher so I’m struggling to see how he’d cope playing up top, particularly in our system where all of the aforementioned traits are key.

Nor me, but have you seen his record when playing up front? According to Transfermarkt he's scored 38 in 71 when playing up front! Lot of those in the Eredevisie though I guess.

1 minute ago, cb_82 said:

Excited for this one now, wonder if he will take the 10 shirt?

I do think it may take him a few weeks to get up to speed so need to be patient 

That goes for all the incoming players and existing players. Will take some time to find their collective identity and establish chemistry. Fans will be eager but patience is paramount right now. 

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bailey will get more goals and assists combined than Jack next season 😉

I'd back Bailey and Buendia combined to get more than Grealish and Barkley so maybe we're better positioned already and with more money to burn.

• Like 1

This is a brilliant signing. Such a shame it has been overshadowed by all the Grealish stuff.

Bailey I think will become a fan favourite, a guy that gets you off your seat.

Welcome Leon, we are on the up, and you will be a big part of it.

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

This is a brilliant signing. Such a shame it has been overshadowed by all the Grealish stuff.

Bailey I think will become a fan favourite, a guy that gets you off your seat.

Welcome Leon, we are on the up, and you will be a big part of it.

yeah it is a pity its being overshadowed by the Grealish saga.

Great signing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Just saw the Dean Smith comments on Leon. He called him a striker. Anything to consider or just a mistake from Deano?

A suggested on previous page, potentially an indication of a 4-3-3 formation with Watkins Bailey and Traore all playing free flowing forward roles.

Or he's mistaken because the official site called him a winger.

Not much to read into it I don't think. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Bailey will get more goals and assists combined than Jack next season 😉

This could well be true. Per 90 maybe not but in total I can see it happening.

I'm liking his dad . He said Villa can do what Liverscum did sell their best player buy 2/3 good players and they won the league. Seems Craig Butler knew or had an inkling that Jack was leaving. 

His surreal live streams. 

• Like 1

Â