James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

20 minutes ago, vreitti said:

In all fairness, that's probably peanuts for these owners. The real incentive for CL football is the potential of the very best quality footballers signing. 

It makes no difference how rich the owners are.  That additional income is important because it feeds right into the FFP calculation.  The owners can't just give us £30-£50m to spend on players.

Just now, Eastie said:

He’s out till mid sept injured 

Oh ok I just took a glance at their forum to see what they think about him possibly leaving and some posters on there said Hasenhuttl said he could feature so who knows

33 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He can't be far off getting to the point where he wonders what's the point in staying.  

From an ambition perspective, it doesn't look like his club want to compete at the top and just want to get by. JWP strikes me as a player that wants more than that and will look to move this window if he can.

2 hours ago, Big Salad said:

If he's not in the Saints lineup tomorrow there gonna flip their shit🤣

Am I right in saying he has played the full 90 minutes of the last 99 games. Tomorrow is a big game for a personal milestone that may never be beaten by an outfield player

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

From JWP's bio..

James favourites..........

Car           Aston Martin

Film         Pancho Villa

Actor       Zach Villa

Actress   Nova Villa (dont bother)

Colour     Claret

Drink        Claret

And finally James, what makes you laugh .......... "ohhhh, thats easy, fish puns... hahahahahaha hahahahaha, James, cough, James, hahahahahahahahaha

Sorry we have to leave it there.

You ok James mwahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaha

You alright pal?

12 hours ago, HKP90 said:

When people talk about cost, I kind of feel that they don’t look at both sides of the coin. The monetary value for improving league position is immense.  

The difference in prize money alone between finishing 11th, where we were, and 4th, which is the upper end of realistic if we get the breaks and….perhaps sign JWP…. was £26M last year. 

Technically all we’ve done is replaced Grealish, and we have a -£10M net spend. If we bought JWP for £45M, and we end up 4th, in real terms we would have spent £9M on transfers this summer. 

Are football transfers exempt from tax?

I'd imagine we'll only get 80m of the Grealish fee

26 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Are football transfers exempt from tax?

I'd imagine we'll only get 80m of the Grealish fee

You know what, that is a good question. I guess not? 

Â