James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

Seems a wee bit random to be nothing but hot air... 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/06/aston-villa-set-to-make-move-for-southamptons-james-ward-prowse-transfer-window

Aston Villa are set to make a move for Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse, a day after agreeing a club-record £30m-plus deal to sign Emiliano Buendía from Norwich. Dean Smith is eager to complete transfers as quickly as possible as Villa prepare for another season of progress in the Premier League.

Villa are understood to be keen to bolster their midfield and Ward-Prowse’s set-piece prowess, in particular, would boost their attacking armoury. His eight league goals for Southampton last season included two superb free-kicks in a 4-3 win at Villa Park. He also claimed seven assists throughout the league campaign and scored his first goal for England in the 5-0 win over San Marino in March.

Thoughts?

• Shocked 2

Jack did mention how poor our set pieces are - that felt way too random of a statement to make if we weren't looking at addressing it.

Would be a major sign of intent. Gives us plenty of midfield options and creates danger directly and indirectly from set pieces - Konsa and Mings would benefit massively too.

• Like 1

I wasn’t a fan of him till I spoke to Saints fans who convinced me of his worth, after that I took more notice. Other fans (me) accuse him of going missing but I don’t think he does, he’s just one of those players who you don’t notice cos he does things in the right way, never makes mistakes, doesn’t shock - he’s a good addition if we get him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Uncertain if this is a Guardian exclusive? Is Paul Doyle plugged in to AVFC?

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Wouldn't come cheap anyway 

This 

We'd never get a deal out of them 

We spout that grealish is worth £100m+ and fans of potential buyers laugh at us and we come up with stuff like value to us, no reason to sell etc all of that applies to JWP, I honestly think it would start with a 6

Again, I love all the idioitic fans who think 'we are spending the Grealish money early'. Did they not think that maybe Jack is also influencing the transfers and who he wants to play alongside?

• Like 1

Good defensively, brillliant set pieces and good at keeping the ball. Similar to Hourihane but a huge upgrade and much better defensively.

Â