James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

13 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

If JWP does leave Southampton I will honestly feel a little sorry for them. Losing Vestergaard, Ings and JWP would be identical to the summer we lost Vlaar, Benteke and Delph and we all know how that panned out.

Freakishly similar.

Image result for who cares gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JPAngel said:

If JWP does leave Southampton I will honestly feel a little sorry for them. Losing Vestergaard, Ings and JWP would be identical to the summer we lost Vlaar, Benteke and Delph and we all know how that panned out.

Freakishly similar.

no one cares GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Still sulking about Tammy 😥?

Erm nooooooo, what's done is done we got Ings move on this is a different signing for a different position.

Bit of common sense from you please, cheers.

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nope. I have the same feeling with him as I do with ESR. Really not value for price and hope we get someone better. We got the much more proven Bailey at a fraction of the price we would have to pay for ESR. Perhaps we could find someone else like that instead of JWP.

I feel exactly the same as this.

I also feel as though one player is alright from a team, just don't start nicking two or more.

If we're after a CM, AM type player then there are tons and probably just as good abroad who we could get for a deal n half if Lange works his magic. Because we're light in the centre from having extra players on the wings due to our formation. You need a player who easily enough makes himself into two players in CM,the so called big boys of the league have that but we dont. He's going to have to be able to support Buendia and the DM right? I'm not so sure that is JWP. This CM is going to have to be everywhere even support flanks, he's going to have to have the energy and stamina of a Demi God, not to mention the ability of a star we've probably not had yet in that position. We are basically looking for another deal like Bailey I think, someone we can convince, someone who us fans think maybe out of our league now, we need an absolute destroyer in CM.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I feel exactly the same as this.

I also feel as though one player is alright from a team, just don't start nicking two or more.

If we're after a CM, AM type player then there are tons and probably just as good abroad who we could get for a deal n half if Lange works his magic. Because we're light in the centre from having extra players on the wings due to our formation. You need a player who easily enough makes himself into two players in CM,the so called big boys of the league have that but we dont. He's going to have to be able to support Buendia and the DM right? I'm not so sure that is JWP. This CM is going to have to be everywhere even support flanks, he's going to have to have the energy and stamina of a Demi God, not to mention the ability of a star we've probably not had yet in that position. We are basically looking for another deal like Bailey I think, someone we can convince, someone who us fans think maybe out of our league now, we need an absolute destroyer in CM.

Magic or miracles?

If there are so many at half the price, why hasn’t everyone got a top quality centre mid?  Seems too easy

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

I'm really not bothered if we don't sign him

I’m of a similar opinion, anymore than £40/45m and I hope we don’t get involved. I think he’s a decent player but I’m not convinced he’s the midfielder to help us break the top 6. He’s an upgrade for sure just for his set pieces alone but I’m not sure he offers more than some of our other midfielders without this.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, WHY said:

In of a similar opinion, anymore than £40/45m and I hope we don’t get involved. I think he’s a decent player but I’m not convinced he’s the midfielder to help us break the top 6. He’s an upgrade for sure just for his set pieces alone but I’m not sure he offers more than some of our other midfielders without this.

Well think of mccginn but being more reliable and better at passing and a top free kick taker, that's what JWP is.

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Well think of mccginn but being more reliable and better at passing and a top free kick taker, that's what JWP is.

McGinn cost us £2.5m though. JWP will be 25x more than him. He should be better. McGinn isn’t a bad passer he just tries stupid passes at times. If he kept it simple he would benefit the team more.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Isn't he a bit one paced though? I'd prefer us to sign a midfielder who either can just break through teams at will and have players bouncing off him or someone who's incredible heading in set pieces e.g. someone like Soucek at West Ham.

Ward Prowse not a bad player but not sure really, feels like the sort of signing we've done in the past from team close to relegation we've hyped up and then found they're not all that e.g. Curcic, Thompson, N'zogbia.

1 hour ago, WHY said:

I’m of a similar opinion, anymore than £40/45m and I hope we don’t get involved. I think he’s a decent player but I’m not convinced he’s the midfielder to help us break the top 6. He’s an upgrade for sure just for his set pieces alone but I’m not sure he offers more than some of our other midfielders without this.

I think JWP is one of those Mr Consistent type players who a club's own fans rate, but opposition fans see as a bit mediocre. Gareth Barry was always the same when he was at Villa.

I'd be happy to overpay slightly for him, because I think he would hit the ground running and help us really kick on immediately. If we overpay by £5m or £10m that's nothing in the grand scheme of things - certainly not enough to cause us any financial problems, or limit our ability to buy players in the future.

• Like 1

Â