James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Surprised there hasn't been any move for him yet, you'd expect Brentford or West Ham to be the main suitors for his set piece deliveries. Delighted we never got him in to replace Douglas Luiz, that would have been rather stupid in hindsight.

He will go weat ham.im sure they will use some of the rice money to get him in

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He will go weat ham.im sure they will use some of the rice money to get him in

To be fair that is an excellent replacement. He’s probably a third of the price of rice but not far off the same quality 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I don't think a European super power is coming from JWP and he's not that good either

Might be a Saudi super power interested though.  They'll but anyone at the moment.

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Might be a Saudi super power interested though.  They'll but anyone at the moment.

They're not dropping 40m on players which is the bare minimum I'd expect Southampton to want for him. Sure we bid around that so his release clause if exists is far in excess of that.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They're not dropping 40m on players which is the bare minimum I'd expect Southampton to want for him. Sure we bid around that so his release clause if exists is far in excess of that.

They have bid £40m for Fabinho, but I agree JWP does not have the profile to interest the Saudi’s

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

They have bid £40m for Fabinho, but I agree JWP does not have the profile to interest the Saudi’s

Hmm. They did just get Mitrovic. He's your archetypal blunt instrument.

Kind of agree and disagree

If JWP got an England game while playing there it would be big news and I can't see many other English players of his age and profile going there

Henderson is semi retiring but will obviously still be called up and he's slightly different

As I'm typing that and thinking out loud someone else popped in my head as a side - wonder Marco Verratti will end up there

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Hmm. They did just get Mitrovic. He's your archetypal blunt instrument.

They haven't yet 'got' Mitrovic; they have launched a second bid but Fulham have rejected it and don't want to sell. 

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They haven't yet 'got' Mitrovic; they have launched a second bid but Fulham have rejected it and don't want to sell. 

Oh really? I thought that was a done deal. Oh well, I take it back then. 

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Oh really? I thought that was a done deal. Oh well, I take it back then. 

To be fair it might just be a matter of time, though I think this is likely to be harder for Saudi than other deals they've done as the guy is close to irreplaceable for Fulham. 

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

They are willing to pay Henderson 700k a week, that's more than 35m a year. Whatever the cost of JWP or Mitro is, it won't stop them if they want to buy,

That's a different club, and it's now emerging that possibly they don't have the money to pay for Henderson anyway. 

Â