James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

He's clearly being eyed for the number 6 position. We'd have been another team entirely on Saturday if instead of Nakamba we had a player that was capable of making a positive pass. There were other problems too, but our attack was so blunt because they were letting Nakamba have so much of the ball.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

A midfield 3 of Luiz, JWP and McGinn/Sanson should be pretty damn good, and in line with the quality we have up front and in defence.

Yes please, we’ll be a different side. More important than any other signing we could make now, imo. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

If we pay £50m for we must be absolutely desperate and they'll have totally fleeced us. Can't see us doing that.

Exactly what everyone said about Watkins.

he'd be a 'head turner' signing, but I'd rather we get someone who is an out and out 6. 

Makes me wonder why we've got such a fantastic recruitment team in (including the man that found Kate, Mahrez and Ndidi) and we've basically just gone out and bought what a bloke down the pub would've said.  Ings, Tuanzebe, Young and JWP are great signings, but we've almost definitley paid a premium on all of them and most of them have alreay peaked - I would've much preferred a better balance of established and ones with a heigher ceiling. 

I think IF we sign JWP Smith will be right up against it, he's bought 'ready made' players and we've invested heavily. Another 11th or even 10th just won't be deemed good enough with this squad and the money spent. 

Oh and we still don't have a great number 6 nor a starting left winger.

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Exactly what everyone said about Watkins.

Was a expensive signing that payed off. This would be almost double that in a summer where Leicester has signed Soumaré for €20m, Arsenal get Ödegaard for €30m, Man U get Varane for €40m... 

The value for money you can get outside the PL this summer is better than ever. £50m is a go f yourself price from a club that has no interest to sell. 

Just now, The Inspiration said:

Who’s buying Wesley and hourihane? Hourihane may get some interest from the championship if we are lucky, nobody is buying Wes 

We could sell Wesley to Burnley for 9m.

Â