James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Are football transfers exempt from tax?

I'd imagine we'll only get 80m of the Grealish fee

The club will pay corporation tax on profits, but I wouldn’t worry about us making a profit yet! The business up until now has operated at a loss since the days of Doug Ellis. There is VAT on domestic transfers, but without knowing whether it was £100m including or excluding VAT and what the rest of our VAT ledger looks like, it’s difficult to speculate on what this means for the club.

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If I was to hazard a guess the reported fee won’t include VAT. So it will be 100m plus an additional 20m (eventually) to HMRC.

City will be VAT registered so the £20m VAT will only effect their short term cashflow (which will never be a problem for a gulf state) then they'll be able to claim it back.

• Like 1

Still not on for having a third saints players at Villa.

I don't think it will happen anyway, I've a feeling from what Smith said that were done and we may buy someone in January now.

Unless something goes horribly wrong and were forced into needing a new signing.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Still not on for having a third saints players at Villa.

I don't think it will happen anyway, I've a feeling from what Smith said that were done and we may buy someone in January now.

Unless something goes horribly wrong and were forced into needing a new signing.

Why? Liverpool had Van Dijk, Mane, Lovre off them, didn’t do them any harm. If they are good players and improve the team, does it matter where they came from?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why? Liverpool had Van Dijk, Mane, Lovre off them, didn’t do them any harm. If they are good players and improve the team, does it matter where they came from?

Usually you take to many players off of one team you start bringing in there behaviours, now do you want us to be seen as Southampton 2.0 with there cons??

I also do not know what the obsession is with JWP, feels abit like an ESR rebound from a love affair gone wrong (who by the way was not so good last night). Thankfully we didn't buy ESR and I hope we also don't go there for JWP. These players maybe shining for there club, but because they do it doesn't automatically mean they will come to Villa and shine and have there previous clubs performances shine.

I think if we're going to spend in a CM then we need to really spend in that area and try buy someone from the top teams in Europe.

I think it's nice that some of you see more than I can in JWP and if the club pulls that transfer then I can only hope your all right but for some reason I just don't hold that level of enthusiasm like you guys do.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Usually you take to many players off of one team you start bringing in there behaviours, now do you want us to be seen as Southampton 2.0 with there cons??

I also do not know what the obsession is with JWP, feels abit like an ESR rebound from a love affair gone wrong (who by the way was not so good last night). Thankfully we didn't buy ESR and I hope we also don't go there for JWP. These players maybe shining for there club, but because they do it doesn't automatically mean they will come to Villa and shine and have there previous clubs performances shine.

I think if we're going to spend in a CM then we need to really spend in that area and try buy someone from the top teams in Europe.

I think it's nice that some of you see more than I can in JWP and if the club pulls that transfer then I can only hope your all right but for some reason I just don't hold that level of enthusiasm like you guys do.

I think I'm far from alone in thinking ESR looked very good last night. Him and Saka are Arsenal's only bright sparks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

City will be VAT registered so the £20m VAT will only effect their short term cashflow (which will never be a problem for a gulf state) then they'll be able to claim it back.

Indeed.

Think of VAT like an pair of scales, with expenditure on one side and incoming on the other. If you receive more incoming VAT than you spend, you have to pass that balance along to HMRC. Alternatively, if you spend more in VAT than you receive, the VAT comes back to you from HMRC as either cash or credit. 

12 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think I'm far from alone in thinking ESR looked very good last night. Him and Saka are Arsenal's only bright sparks.

I seen a couple of moments from him, but as far as I could see Arsenal were completely flat without an Answer to Brentford.

I don't think they ever got in for a run behind Brentford's line now did they, even the commentator pointed that out as well.

29 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Targett has played more games for us than he ever played for Southampton. Bit weird to still consider him a Saints player. 

Also, Targett never played a game under the current manager so that theory really doesn't apply to him at all. 

JWP is a top 5 midfielder in this league. He will improve us by a huge margin. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, a-k said:

Starts for Soton today, but jeez that is a very poor looking defence they've got.

Can’t see him leaving. It would be almost certainly mean relegation for them. Surely their board isn’t that stupid🤔

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I've changed my stance. Pay the money.

McGinn and Nakamba just ain't it chief.

Has been putting in some great corners, and causing havoc with free-kicks in the Everton game so far apparently, despite the scoreline.

We need to get him in this week.

Â