Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When I see it in that perspective, makes Levy look a bloody genius ! 🤣

The Investors must love him.

It was all Poch. Levy got lucky as evidenced by how he's ****'ing up now without him.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 19:03, The Fun Factory said:

Once we get Buendia and Bailey fully fit and integrated into the matchday squad, we will be different gravy.

Agreed. Can't wait to see it happen. I have been amazed how well we've done without them both. I expect us to be better when they're both up to full match fitness and both play. 

On 04/10/2021 at 14:42, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was hoping he’d hit the ground running and be a key player from the off but it looks like it will take longer. He’s obviously a very talented player but it’s quite a step up for him based on the quality he is used to playing against.

This argument makes no sense. He has played a full season in the premier league, and his creativity stats were as good as anyone else's in the league.

I put it down more to him not being fully fit post a mystery injury that Villa refused to tell anyone about. We've got history for it, and I expect he'll be fine when he's match fit. The fact he wasted 3 weeks flying to Argentina and back to do nothing also hasn't helped him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This argument makes no sense. He has played a full season in the premier league, and his creativity stats were as good as anyone else's in the league.

I put it down more to him not being fully fit post a mystery injury that Villa refused to tell anyone about. We've got history for it, and I expect he'll be fine when he's match fit. The fact he wasted 3 weeks flying to Argentina and back to do nothing also hasn't helped him. 

I considered his season in the top flight but I thought maybe it was a case of him being the main man in the team and everything went through him. Plus taking all set pieces too. Similar to how Jack was for us.  

Different pressure and different role now. 

You’re most likely right though. It’s probably fitness thing. 

22 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Finishing 7th-10th is not standing still. This is the PL, not the Championship. Breaking into that top 6 is incredibly difficult. To finish in the European places we have to finish above all of the following teams:

Spurs (186)

Arsenal (310m)

Everton (450m)

West Ham (217m)

Leicester (261m)

For perspective, I put the amount these teams have spent on their squads while we were starting Birkir Bjarnason and Albert Adomah in the Championship. We're playing catch-up. Even at their poorest (Spurs, Arsenal), it will still take some doing to finish above them. Looking at that, do you think it's realistic to expect us to finish above all of these clubs?

Some of our fans seem to forget this when having a dig at Smith for not achieving more following the amount we have spent. As if those 5 clubs just sat there without spending a penny whilst waiting for us to catch up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He has had a slow start, but the talent is there.

We will just have to give him time.

Yeah, definitely, he just needs time and games to bed in. The talent, ability and drive is all there it seems, 

The Norwich fans did say that he’s better out wide didn’t they? Or was it that he’s not good out wide and has to be central? I forget now.

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, definitely, he just needs time and games to bed in. The talent, ability and drive is all there it seems, 

The Norwich fans did say that he’s better out wide didn’t they? Or was it that he’s not good out wide and has to be central? I forget now.

He’s best out on the right, but if you watch his time at Norwich he does drift around a lot. But definitely more effective at RW. We haven’t seen the best of him yet but we know he’s a class player, he’ll show it soon enough I’m sure.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2021 at 02:07, It's Your Round said:

He’s best out on the right, but if you watch his time at Norwich he does drift around a lot. But definitely more effective at RW. We haven’t seen the best of him yet but we know he’s a class player, he’ll show it soon enough I’m sure.

He's at his best on the right in a 433.  Presses well in defense, but he shines the most on the counterattack when he can ping throughballs into space for the other forwards to run into, or when he gets space to shoot from range.   Problem is that half his appearances are central and he's playing with his back to goal most of the time, where he gets muscled off the ball as soon as he receives it.  Grealish knew how to draw the foul when defenders did that, but it's not something Buendia is good at.  

I don't think Smith's plan was to play 532 every game this season, but it's been effective in some games, especially when he's missing 2-3 of his wide forwards at any given point.  Buendia just doesn't fit into that formation at all.  He'll come good when we play him in the right spot consistently.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Needs to be starting now. Enough with the slow intro we must change the formation to accommodate him. 

Yep. If he's fit to play, he needs to start logging minutes to gain sharpness.

Â