Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Given him stick  so only fair.....MOTM by a mile. Nice to see the Norwich Buendia finally turning up in Aston.

Get the feeling 3-5-2 suits him more than 4-3-3 or whatever else we'll play in next few weeks so going to be another difficult decision long term in how we fit all the forwards in.

52 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

We need to play a formation which works for him and Bailey when they are both fit. Which likely means 1 up top. 

This is the top point of order for the team right now. Sadly, Watkins has to be dropped because Ings is in better form. 

Really tough break for Ollie with Ings being signed. I think it's affected his confidence and now it might just force him out of the starting job. He didn't deserve this.

Edited by maqroll

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Given him stick  so only fair.....MOTM by a mile. Nice to see the Norwich Buendia finally turning up in Aston.

Get the feeling 3-5-2 suits him more than 4-3-3 or whatever else we'll play in next few weeks so going to be another difficult decision long term in how we fit all the forwards in.

By a mile, easily pleased. He was better but that wouldn’t be hard. Oh and McGinn was MOTM. 

Another massive over reaction to his performance again today. He was better but it wouldn’t be hard. Still doesn’t look a £35m in my opinion. Our fans are odd in that they will dig out certain players but give this bloke a free pass. I want him to be a massive success but he’s done nothing to justify the price tag, yet! He still gets knocked off the ball far too easily. 

Just now, WHY said:

Another massive over reaction to his performance again today. He was better but it wouldn’t be hard. Still doesn’t look a £35m in my opinion. Our fans are odd in that they will dig out certain players but give this bloke a free pass. I want him to be a massive success but he’s done nothing to justify the price tag, yet! He still gets knocked off the ball far too easily. 

He was great today. Outside of getting muscled by Traore he was very active defensively, stole the ball multiple times and made some great passes. The best part is there’s still much more from him to come.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He was great today. Outside of getting muscled by Traore he was very active defensively, stole the ball multiple times and made some great passes. The best part is there’s still much more from him to come.

Great??? like I said another massive over reaction from a fan. He was better, yes, great, no!

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Great??? like I said another massive over reaction from a fan. He was better, yes, great, no!

Great can be relative to his normal performances up to this point which have been mediocre at best. So yes, he can still be great without it meaning “he played like Kante today.” It’s also why I said there’s much more from him to come. Regardless, him and Luiz ran midfield today. We lost the game when they went off with Podence taking over the game.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Great can be relative to his normal performances up to this point which have been mediocre at best. So yes, he can still be great without it meaning “he played like Kante today.” It’s also why I said there’s much more from him to come. Regardless, him and Luiz ran midfield today. We lost the game when they went off with Podence taking over the game.

Wow, the only thing I can agree with was Podence taking over the game. He had more impact on his team in 15 minutes than Buendia had on ours. McGinn was our best midfielder today, it’s not even a discussion.

• Like 1

Just now, WHY said:

Wow, the only thing I can agree with was Podence taking over the game. He had more impact on his team in 15 minutes than Buendia had on ours. McGinn was our best midfielder today, it’s not even a discussion.

McGinn was MOTM for me. But we can just agree to disagree about the rest.

Â