Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He chose to miss the Chelsea game. We them beat Everton and United. He needs to wait for his chance which will certainly come soon. And unlike his previous games he needs to step up. He hasn't been good enough so far. 

You miss the Brentford game?  He was a slip away from an assist in the United game as well. He looked fine to me. Just couldn't get on the ball today because our CBs kept hoofing it OB. 

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

You miss the Brentford game?  He was a slip away from an assist in the United game as well. He looked fine to me. Just couldn't get on the ball today because our CBs kept hoofing it OB. 

He's had his moments, but he's been poor in other games and like I said, made the decision to miss the Chelsea game, which has led to his appearances from the bench. 

No one else to blame for his lack of game time at the moment.

34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Once we get Buendia and Bailey fully fit and integrated into the matchday squad, we will be different gravy.

Do we need them, we lose some we win some, which is what happens with a midtable squad, some seem to be more than happy with how we are.

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I feel like we won't get the best out of Ings and Watkins without players like Buendia and Bailey.

Having Traore, Sanson and Anwar and some of the kids available will also make a difference.

We have done ok, but I don't think we have played our best line up yet, not even close.

We won't get the best out of Watkins and Ings in a 2 and we won't get the best out of buendia centrally.

It really has got to be 4-3-3 for me and no cam. 

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, Watkins, El Ghazi(Bailey when fit) 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We won't get the best out of Watkins and Ings in a 2 and we won't get the best out of buendia centrally.

It really has got to be 4-3-3 for me and no cam. 

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, Watkins, El Ghazi(Bailey when fit) 

Exactly what i would do. The only other option where we can get Ings, Watkins Buendia and Bailey in the team would be this and i cannot see it working as well as i am willing it to on paper.

Watkins             Ings               Bailey

McGinn     Luiz      Buendia             

Targett         Mings       Konsa       Cash

Martinez

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Exactly what i would do. The only other option where we can get Ings, Watkins Buendia and Bailey in the team would be this and i cannot see it working as well as i am willing it to on paper.

Martinez

Daring but I like it.

Edited by Sulberto21

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Martinez

that is exactly the first 11 i would play, the only debate for me would be McGinn vs Ramsey vs Sanson, but right now McGinn would prob deserve it.

I personally wouldnt mind seeing a 4-4-1-1

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

Buendia - Luiz - McGinn - Bailey

Ings

Watkins

Both Luiz and McGinn holding more, and we could change into a 4-2-3-1 by pushing Buendia and Bailey further up if the match suits it.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was hoping he’d hit the ground running and be a key player from the off but it looks like it will take longer. He’s obviously a very talented player but it’s quite a step up for him based on the quality he is used to playing against.

he had a few brief moments in pre season when he threaded balls through to Watkins where he looked exactly that, then he was injured missing the rest of our preseason, although numerous games were cancelled anyway, so he never got to train much with the team before the whole call up b*llocks further screwed his integration. 

Not making excuses, as he needs to get up to speed quickly, but even when he comes on I have no clue where he is actually meant to be playing.

22 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Do we need them, we lose some we win some, which is what happens with a midtable squad, some seem to be more than happy with how we are.

You're not happy with being a midtable team?

• Like 1

Â