Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Tale of 2 halves, I thought he was very good in the second half, but not at the races first half. He's going to be brilliant if allowed to play with Bailey and Traore.

This! Don't know how often we'll see it, but god would it be fun to watch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Not worried about him at all. The talent and work rate are there. Just needs some time to settle in and build an understanding with his teammates.

Yep, that's where I'm at with him too. He doesn't have to be massive to play in the middle, he just needs time with the team. Hopefully he'll think twice (for a while at least) before sodding off to sit on the bench for Argentina and focus instead on getting the basics right for his club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eak94 said:

This! Don't know how often we'll see it, but god would it be fun to watch.

100%, I've been thinking about how we could fit in Ings but I'm happy for him to battle Ollie for the shirt and get the three musketeers in behind. Teams just have to play the counter against us, that's good, let's approach every game proactively and force a failed reactive response from the opposition. 

36 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yep, that's where I'm at with him too. He doesn't have to be massive to play in the middle, he just needs time with the team. Hopefully he'll think twice (for a while at least) before sodding off to sit on the bench for Argentina and focus instead on getting the basics right for his club. 

He wishes he made the bench. 

Once again, what is he supposed to do when he’s called up for his country?

Every players aspiration is to play for their country in a World Cup, and he’s not going to turn that opportunity down.  

If we don’t like our players **** off on international duty, we should be more selective what nationalities we buy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thug said:

Every players aspiration is to play for their country in a World Cup, and he’s not going to turn that opportunity down.  

If we don’t like our players **** off on international duty, we should be more selective what nationalities we buy.

The circumstances are different because of the pandemic. I don't think the club need to worry about buying international players most of the time. 

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Its a trickey one ....We are usually pleased when our players get called up, but these far away fixtures and Covid rules create challenges....but surely international call ups are an endorsement to what we are doing.

In theory, it should be an epitome of our progress and something to be welcomed, but it is inadvertently playing havoc with our progress and something we have to try and overcome.

However, We have to continue to select players on their ability, not where they come from, and I'm sure we will.

To have our players playing for Brazil and Argentina would have been a dream, years ago.

I don't think there is any major changes necessary, we just have to work our way through it.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Its a trickey one ....We are usually pleased when our players get called up, but these far away fixtures and Covid rules create challenges....but surely international call ups are an endorsement to what we are doing.

In theory, it should be an epitome of our progress and something to be welcomed, but it is inadvertently playing havoc with our progress and something we have to try and overcome.

However, We have to continue to select players on their ability, not where they come from, and I'm sure we will.

To have our players playing for Brazil and Argentina would have been a dream, years ago.

I don't think there is any major changes necessary, we just have to work our way through it.

I was being sarcastic.

I’m fed up of people saying he shouldn’t have gone.

• Like 1

I'd love to see a

Watkins

Bailey Buendia Traore

Luiz McGinn

Young Mings Konsa Cash

Martinez

With Ings and JJ coming in off the bench

The 3 behind Watkins changing position all game. Play that at home to Wolves. 

Mesmerising feet to set up Ramsey who really should’ve made it 1-0 if it wasn’t for a slip. If Buendia can cut out being dispossessed in dangerous positions we have a real player here. Needs to get used to having less space in the middle.

21 hours ago, lexicon said:

Looked really good when he came on - he has a lot to offer us and hasn't really got started yet. 

He'll be ok....some click quicker than others.....I think the fixed 11 will be a thing of the past and we need to get used to that. I don't think there will be a best 11....what with form dips, injuries, suspensions, International call ups, each player will grab the shirt and keep it or lose it.

Its a squad, they will all find their feet and competition to play, is what its all about.

Â