Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Being good for Norwich in the championship doesn’t mean a lot. He’s not got the time and space he had there and seems to be struggling with the step up. 

He was also very good for Norwich in the Premier League. 

There’s a terrific player there. But I agree he doesn’t look it, far from it. 

I’d like to see him play wide right. I think he’d look better there.

He doesn't look very good so far, but then nor does anybody else in this disaster of a formation. Buendia made his name playing for Norwich out wide. He's too small and not quick or strong enough to play centrally. We've spent a small fortune on wingers, and only a complete idiot would then not play any of them in their correct positions, preferring instead to play with two wing backs, who are both really bad at it.

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

He was also very good for Norwich in the Premier League. 

There’s a terrific player there. But I agree he doesn’t look it, far from it. 

I’d like to see him play wide right. I think he’d look better there.

That Norwich team only managed 5 wins in 38 games. He can’t have been that good for them could he?

• Like 1

Early days but on current showing clearly not worth anywhere near what we paid for him. I know he has been injured but if he hadn’t f****d off for two weeks to not even make Argentina’s bench he could have used the time to get fitter and blend into the squad better. He might have pulled that off if he had been a stand out player from day one, sadly he hasn’t been and therefore has a lot of ground to make up very quickly. I hope he does but will not be shocked if it doesn’t happen

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I wonder if playing him as a deep lying playmaker might suit him better. His passing range and vision is pretty decent and he may have a little bit more time and space to do his thing. 

He’d be destroyed in that position when a press comes on then you are left very expose if DLP loses the ball.

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

That Norwich team only managed 5 wins in 38 games. He can’t have been that good for them could he?

He made Teemu Pukki look like a Premier League striker 😅

You can read it two ways, I suppose, but he looked very, very good playing for a very bad team in a very good league. 

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Hes to small and lightweight for a central role, we will get the best out of him playing out wide

Not seeing it, can he beat a man ? His passing and delivery isn’t too hectic either so wouldn’t be too excited about him being out wide as the answer. Not impressed so far. 

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He was but so was Cantwell and that's not a signing that would take us to next level. It reminds me of N'zogbia looking amazing for a few months when Wigan used to stay up somehow and then we took him and he didn't even reach average standards for most of his time here.

Would rather get in another 2-3 Bailey type standards in the next windows e.g. proven players for europa league/CL clubs.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was but so was Cantwell and that's not a signing that would take us to next level. It reminds me of N'zogbia looking amazing for a few months when Wigan used to stay up somehow and then we took him and he didn't even reach average standards for most of his time here.

Would rather get in another 2-3 Bailey type standards in the next windows e.g. proven players for europa league/CL clubs.

So would I, but proven Europa/CL players don't usually come cheap. I'm still unsure how we got a player as good, as young and as proven as Bailey at such a relatively cheap price from Leverkusen.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

So would I, but proven Europa/CL players don't usually come cheap. I'm still unsure how we got a player as good, as young and as proven as Bailey at such a relatively cheap price from Leverkusen.

They probably come at or slightly over 35 million we paid for Buendia, if you look hard enough.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I wonder if playing him as a deep lying playmaker might suit him better. His passing range and vision is pretty decent and he may have a little bit more time and space to do his thing. 

No...he has the vision for the last ball, and both Dougie and Ramsey can handle the distribution role from deep.

He'll be fine. Maybe sometimes the rest of the team is on a different wavelength, but I'd rather that they adjust to his wavelength than the other way around. He has an eye for a good pass.

26 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They probably come at or slightly over 35 million we paid for Buendia, if you look hard enough.

I prefer Traore tbh for all his infuriating inconsistancy. He was under 20m and came from that sort of club given Lyon had just played a CL SF.

Just now, TomC said:

No...he has the vision for the last ball, and both Dougie and Ramsey can handle the distribution role from deep.

He'll be fine. Maybe sometimes the rest of the team is on a different wavelength, but I'd rather that they adjust to his wavelength than the other way around. He has an eye for a good pass.

His wavelength ? He took the ball into the tackle 3 times in 5 minutes in the first half, when he could of passed it, got dispossessed and put us in trouble. Not making a run for a player, fine i get that but Buendia has to be accountable for how pretty inept he’s been with the ball.

Saying that playing centrally isn't his strong point is fine but, for £40, I expect a player to be able to:

1) Control a ball from a throw-in

2) Be able to make a simple pass

He looks like a child amongst men. He was terrible last night. 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Saying that playing centrally isn't his strong point is fine but, for £40, I expect a player to be able to:

1) Control a ball from a throw-in

2) Be able to make a simple pass

He looks like a child amongst men. He was terrible last night. 

High expectations there mate. 

• Haha 1

He is looking like a complete waste of money to be honest. We don't play him in his Norwich position, but at 40 million he should be good enough to adapt, and to be honest he doesn't look bothered. Early days yet, and maybe he will come good, but there needs to be some honest discussion at Villa.

I haven't given up on him yet.

Just as we have Ollie and Ings cancelling each other out, we need to put him in a system which allows him to play.

We have some good individual players, but we are wasting them currently.

• Like 1

Â