Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

He wasn't great he was quite sloppy at times and he has an annoying Micah Richard's blame your nearest teammate arm flap when he gives the ball away.

Saying that the further the game went on the better he got. He nicked the ball a few times and he uses his body well to get in there. He was getting better and better the more the game opened up.

....and then he got subbed.

Bizarre.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He wasn't great he was quite sloppy at times and he has an annoying Micah Richard's blame your nearest teammate arm flap when he gives the ball away.

Saying that the further the game went on the better he got. He nicked the ball a few times and he uses his body well to get in there. He was getting better and better the more the game opened up.

....and then he got subbed.

Bizarre.

He asked to be subbed off. Said he was exhausted… also, the arm flap thing can be misleading. He will do that and yell at himself sometimes. He did it a couple of games ago but you could see in the replay he was yelling at himself.

Got caught and the ball a fair bit first half, including a mid-air backheel to set a Wolves counter-attack off. Also played some lovely through pass and wide passes to set us forward - the life of a number ten.

Drifted out of the game in the second half apart from a little spurt just before he was subbed when he did very well to track back on a couple of Wolves breaks. 

He tries stuff a lot of our players still aren't switched on to. Over the years at Norwich, Pukki and Cantwell were on to how he works. 

At times it may seem like he gives it away easily but with a team-mate who already knows the sort of thing he does we'd be off on an attack. It'll come with time. 

Injuries and then international breaks are really screwing with his integration atm. 

Patience is a virtue here. 

• Like 4

He worked very very hard, put through a couple of really good through balls and the most impressive was his off the ball movement. First half especially, he was pulling his marker out of position all the time and then moving into space. I think he’ll grow because of this game.

• Like 1

I don’t get why he wasn’t able to play the full 90. He hasn’t been injured for ages, I know he hasn’t started much and he had that pointless trip to Argentina but didn’t he play most of the cup match against Chelsea?

How have we not got him to the point where he is able to complete a full 90? Surely other teams use their u23 matches for this reason. 

The Luiz sub was understandable, of course he was tired but I think the club have mismanaged Buendia if he was unable to complete the game. He was good yesterday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Best game for us today , but need it more regularly from a 35 mill signing.

It’s going to be a good 20 games before the consistency kicks in. Hasn’t he only played 6 games for us so far?

Problem for him is that Bailey has done more in 20 minutes and is already a bit of a fan favourite, but then it’ll be great to actually see how they gel in the same team.

Considering he's not even been away on international duty this time, and he's not had any injuries, I think it's pretty damning of our fitness training that he was **** after 70 minutes.

I can understand lacking a bit of match sharpness, but not having the stamina to go the distance is a bit concerning

• Like 1

I’m not sure he can play in a midfield three. He is quite sloppy at times. I think he needs to be playing further forward. Get him in the attacking areas where he can do some real damage.

If we’re playing a 3-5-2, why not have him pushed up higher playing just behind Watkins or Ings? I felt the game was crying out for this change today. Push him on and bring on another central midfielder. 

He looked good yesterday. I’m hoping he keeps improving and gets a run of games now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Not everything is a sign of systemic apocalypse. 

I stand by my original point but I love this line and am definitely using it in the future both when talking Villa or in my workplace which is always prone to a bit of drama.

• Like 1

Must play him regularly and rely on him to an extent, our most creative player. Only way he’s going to improve is with regular game time and starts. Can’t wait to see him and Bailey playing together. 
His passing ability is superior to everyone in the squad.

Ramsey’s place is on the bench and as cover for McGinn.

Oh and the back 5, relying on Cash & Targett and forcing Ings and Watkins together can piss off!

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Considering he's not even been away on international duty this time, and he's not had any injuries, I think it's pretty damning of our fitness training that he was **** after 70 minutes.

I can understand lacking a bit of match sharpness, but not having the stamina to go the distance is a bit concerning

Well yeah I didn't even realise he asked to be subbed. I wouldn't even have in my mindset that was a thing.

I think strength and conditioning has been a worry for me for a while. McGinn Targett and the like they miss a few weeks and come back like absolute sacks of shite. Not just rusty but getting absolutely roasted.

I do wonder at times if it is a bit too easy going. 

Â