Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, foreveryoung said:

For how long?  I want progression season after season, don't we all??

Sure, but progression this season will still likely mean midtable. We finished 11th last year. Unless you're expecting European football, I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with being a midtable team for now.

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Sure, but progression this season will still likely mean midtable. We finished 11th last year. Unless you're expecting European football, I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with being a midtable team for now.

I want European football yes. I'm not happy with midtable mediocracy, who is? If we finish midtable it'll be unimpressive, not progression, but I won't be a bed wetter like DC describes some of his fellow fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

You want Europe when, now? That's incredibly unrealistic. If we finish 8th or 9th that's absolutely progression. 2 seasons ago we stayed in the division by 1 point. 

And have since then spent a quarter of a billion quid. I wouldn't be remotely happy with midtable, and neither I suspect, would the owners.

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

There's also the small matter of selling our star player. No wonder on topic is unbearable after a loss, turns out people are expecting European football this season.

It's not as though we are Southampton losing Ing's, we have replaced him with nearly 100m quid. When we are firing, we can beat almost anyone, Everton, Man U last week. Why should a European place be so unrealistic. 

Midtable will be a load of boring boll****s, we are better than that. Like has been said, the board will be wanting progression, not for us to stand still!!

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Finishing 7th-10th is not standing still. This is the PL, not the Championship. Breaking into that top 6 is incredibly difficult. To finish in the European places we have to finish above all of the following teams:

Spurs (186)

Arsenal (310m)

Everton (450m)

West Ham (217m)

Leicester (261m)

For perspective, I put the amount these teams have spent on their squads while we were starting Birkir Bjarnason and Albert Adomah in the Championship. We're playing catch-up. Even at their poorest (Spurs, Arsenal), it will still take some doing to finish above them. Looking at that, do you think it's realistic to expect us to finish above all of these clubs?

The money is not the be and end it all, it's mainly about recruitment and we know ours has been very good. Do I expect to finish above those teams above? Not sure, but I believe we can beat them, an are no worse than any of them at this present time.

2 hours ago, Risso said:

And have since then spent a quarter of a billion quid. I wouldn't be remotely happy with midtable, and neither I suspect, would the owners.

Really isnt that much in the scheme of things.  Not for Top 6 and any hope of Europe.  The Top 6 spend that every 3 years on transfers/wages and they already had established Prem teams when we arrived from the Championship after finishing 5th.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

The money is not the be and end it all, it's mainly about recruitment and we know ours has been very good. Do I expect to finish above those teams above? Not sure, but I believe we can beat them, an are no worse than any of them at this present time.

Even if recruitment is good, you can't underestimate the change we've had in a very short time. From a one man team to a team. It'll take time, ans I'm sure our owners understand this and don't expect too much from this season. A repeat of 11th would be very acceptable. Next season is different though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

There's also the small matter of selling our star player. No wonder on topic is unbearable after a loss, turns out people are expecting European football this season.

The CEO, manager and players have also said that is the aim this season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I want European football yes. I'm not happy with midtable mediocracy, who is? If we finish midtable it'll be unimpressive, not progression, but I won't be a bed wetter like DC describes some of his fellow fans.

I am after watching Villa for the last decade or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, birdman said:

Mediocrity is when you accept being average and stop trying to improve. We've been anything but under our new owners luckily. Whether you're at the bottom or top as long a club is givng it's fans something to cheer about and demonstrates effort and endeavour then you shouldn't really be accused of it.

No that isn’t what mediocre means, it means average. We are far, far above average in the football league system. It doesn’t mean being content not to push on.

(I agree we’ve been anything but though under these owners!)

Edited by alreadyexists

People seem to be forgetting the transfer business last summer and how we are pretty much in the same place. Baileys been hurt, Ings is finding his footing and Buendia is struggling to get comfortable. So really, if this all continues a mid table finish is actually rather very positive consider what they are replacing. Other than that people just demand too much, too soon. They’re the same type of people that start calling for a coaches head the second a string of bad results occurs. Anyways, I’m still plenty hopeful for Buendia, he’s already show he can perform in this league with an awful Norwich team so there’s really no reason he can’t do it with a significantly more talented team at Villa. The pressure of being a record signing and no preseason has definitely knocked about his confidence but he’s started to look more promising over the last two games.

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Spurs (186)

Arsenal (310m)

Everton (450m)

West Ham (217m)

Leicester (261m)

For perspective, I put the amount these teams have spent on their squads while we were starting Birkir Bjarnason and Albert Adomah in the Championship. We're playing catch-up. Even at their poorest (Spurs, Arsenal), it will still take some doing to finish above them. Looking at that, do you think it's realistic to expect us to finish above all of these clubs?

When I see it in that perspective, makes Levy look a bloody genius ! 🤣

The Investors must love him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â