2021/22 expectations

Jareth

On 26/05/2021 at 08:59, Sulberto21 said:

Even if we finish on 56 points it's an improvement next season. The main aim has to be consolidation for a few seasons. 

However with the current regime I believe we'll improve again. 

Hopefully the relegated teams aren't as bad next season. Worth remembering that none of them got to even 30 points which must be the first in a long time as usually the 18th placed team finishes in 32-35 point range.

56 points next season would have us comfortably in top 10 I think next season.

60 points is target for me and not impossible at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

8-10th

One of the more realistic predictions i've seen here.

We neither have the manager or have the squad depth to make a genuine push for top 6.

Fans won't like to hear it but 9th would be a very good season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

One of the more realistic predictions i've seen here.

We neither have the manager or have the squad depth to make a genuine push for top 6.

Fans won't like to hear it but 9th would be a very good season.

Forgot to say I have us winning both the FA Cup and League Cup though...

:trollface:

• Haha 2

Depends on what happens over the summer with incomings, but top half has to be our minimum aim. Think if we can equal or slightly beat our points total from last season well be top 8 next season.

Buendia looks like he'll be a very good signing, but we'll need more to cover our deficiencies, not least a DM and a pacey winger plus a couple of defenders to add depth and maybe another striker. I doubt we'll get all of them but 2-3 more high quality players and we'll be looking good.

Keeping Grealish is also absolutely key. He's being linked left, right and centre with Cit£h, but lose him and we are in the sh*t given our form when he didn't play last season. 

I don't believe he'll be sold because 1) it would be a stupid move; and 2) our owners seem legit and trustworthy, but the constant media stories does leave me worried and if he is the star of the Euros it will get worse. 

But if we keep him and add a bit more quality in key areas, we could quite feasibly finish around 8th next season and maybe higher. One thing we have to do is keep improving even just by 1 or 2 places. Smith will be under pressure if we regress next season that's for sure. 

• Like 1

7-9th for me, assuming 1or 2 incomings in addition to Buendia to improve us and we don't lose Jack  

Maybe a small run in a cup with the younger lads and fringe players getting a good run out.

Id love a consistent season with no dip due to injuries etc and I'd like to see us beat Utd, for the love of god I want to see us beat Utd.

Going for it in as much as possible in every game, solid top half, classy footy and maybe a good cup run. Then some more squad building to mix in with the best of the youngsters coming through and a punt at Europe the year after 😁

• Like 1

Our first XI is top 6. Our second XI is bottom 6..., maybe even bottom 4. So it would depend on injuries and suspensions.

Push a few of our current starting XI on to the bench and you have a stronger first XI and more depth. The likes of McGinn, El Ghazi, Luiz, Mings should be fighting for spots, not guaranteed it. If we could bring on an Abraham over a Davis, that would be progress.

As it stands, 7-10th.

7th would be a good result for me. 

It means we finish ahead of one of the superleague 6 and Leicester. 

60 points would be nice as well and it's achievable. 

A cup run is always nice and it'd be nice to give our players a trophy as a part of the build up towards challenging for a CL spot. 

I just want us to keep our form from the first half of last season consistent til the end. Do that, and we have every chance of getting top 6. We were definitely one of the 6 best teams in the league until December.

I’m sure we’re targeting a European place and we still have business to do…

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

Personally, I would not be disappointed with a top half finish as competition is fierce and steady progress is fine.

But I think our ambitions are a lot higher than that…

Â