2021/22 expectations

Jareth

Gonna be honest I’d rather not go for a cup this season if we can help it. Give young and fringe players a chance for sure, but focus on that league table 100%. A few tired superstars and a couple points could mean keeping Jack or not, if we’re up there.

Top 6 - Outstanding Season

Top 7 - Brilliant season

Top 8 - Great season

Top 10 - Decent season

Cup runs/wins would obviously boost any of the above positions.

Would be ideal to get into Europe ASAP, to keep Jack and attract even better players, but still got to be realistic.

• Like 3

How far are we away from top 4/5/6

Ollie - nearly made the England squad 2/3rd best English Striker. 

Jack - world class. Top 5 best players in the league, should be hitting 10/10 (goals and assists) 

Buendia - same situation as Ollie just missed out of Argentina squad. I'm hoping for 10/10 again. 

Traore - improving and has potential. Lacks abit of muscle for me to be a top top player.  Expecting 8/6 hopefully more. 

McGinn - Scotlands best player - carried them to the Euros. Can be unplayable but makes mistakes. Needs to find that form for the whole season. 

Dougie - Brazilian international - has so much potential and flair. No one knows if he is a 6 or 8. 

Sanson - a French McGinn. 

Back 5. Brilliant don't think I need to say anything else on them. 

What's the difference between this and a team that finishes 4/5/6?

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 1

We need to improve on this season... We need to add proven quality and show to Jack that we are serious about pushing forward and him being the talisman that will take us there...

Got to be looking at a top 8 finish and a serious crack at the cups

We have to get European football and win a trophy or show real potential to be able to target champions league the following year to retain Jack.

Issues at the moment are genuine squad depth in key positions - if any of Ollie, mings and targett get injured we’re stuffed.

I’m sure the club will address the squad depth by the time the window closes. The question is who are we targeting to replace in the first team. The links to JWP/Sarr suggest that maybe McGinn or Luiz starting spots could be under threat. for me personally, I’d also like a potential first team challenger for mings to help keep him focussed.

8 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

How far are we away from top 4/5/6

Ollie - nearly made the England squad 2/3rd best English Striker. 

Jack - world class. Top 5 best players in the league, should be hitting 10/10 (goals and assists) 

Buendia - same situation as Ollie just missed out of Argentina squad. I'm hoping for 10/10 again. 

Traore - improving and has potential. Lacks abit of muscle for me to be a top top player.  Expecting 8/6 hopefully more. 

McGinn - Scotlands best player - carried them to the Euros. Can be unplayable but makes mistakes. Needs to find that form for the whole season. 

Dougie - Brazilian international - has so much potential and flair. No one knows if he is a 6 or 8. 

Sanson - a French McGinn. 

Back 5. Brilliant don't think I need to say anything else on them. 

What's the difference between this and a team that finishes 4/5/6?

We were on course for top 6 last year but fell away.......

Jacks injury

and 

covid at Bodymoor

Fine lines last year between 11th and 6th, if we improve our consistency we can have our best season for years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, a m ole said:

Gonna be honest I’d rather not go for a cup this season if we can help it. Give young and fringe players a chance for sure, but focus on that league table 100%. A few tired superstars and a couple points could mean keeping Jack or not, if we’re up there.

Jack as captain of Villa, lifting the FA Cup at Wembley, qualifying for Europe. You don't want to see that? You don't think Jack wants that?

Â