2021/22 expectations

Jareth

My expectations are that we will once again see the corruption riddled results ensure that the scummy 6 remain in the top 8 places. I just hope that we can be one of the couple of teams who break into those places and we get into Europe. An improvement of 10 points on this seasons tally would be decent progress in my view. I'd also like to see two or three of the kids break through and establish themselves plus see a few really top signings to replace the ones who leave. Cup run would be a bonus.

I'd also like to see us above Leeds to shut the idiot Leeds fan up at work who never attends games & stays as quiet as a mouse until they either beat us or when they finished above us then can't help himself but to gloat...Idiot.

• Like 2

Even if we finish on 56 points it's an improvement next season. The main aim has to be consolidation for a few seasons. 

However with the current regime I believe we'll improve again. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Even if we finish on 56 points it's an improvement next season. The main aim has to be consolidation for a few seasons. 

However with the current regime I believe we'll improve again. 

I do agree that would normally be the plan but the asterisk here is Jack Grealish.

You don't keep players like Grealish by mucking around midtable. It'll take another jump forward for us to keep him for 22/23.

I reckon that's the plan which is exciting.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I do agree that would normally be the plan but the asterisk here is Jack Grealish.

You don't keep players like Grealish by mucking around midtable. It'll take another jump forward for us to keep him for 22/23.

I reckon that's the plan which is exciting.

I think 50- 56 points and the FA Cup especially might keep him also.? Next season I think 50 + points puts us about 9th. 

Edited by Sulberto21

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2021 at 21:32, Nigel said:

I would like to beat that lovely club from the 3rd city....by way of a disputed penalty if possible!

And also the red team from the 7th city (manchester), even with VAR firmly on their side.

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Aim for 60 points and hope for a top 8 finish.

Perhaps a tad greedy but a cup final again would be nice also.

Hoping for top 6 finish, but expecting top 8. 

Hoping to win the league cup, but expecting a cup run in one of the cups if the draw is favourable - not bloody Man Utd in the third round again!

More progression, a more sustained attack at the top six and a good cup run would be acceptable for me. 

Smaller targets; beat Man Utd, finish above Arsenal, Watkins to score 20 goals, see some of the youth make their mark on the first team. 

• Like 4

Expectations...

Scum4 (not counting the other 2 anymore, jokers) to concede the title to Villa early March, field kids in the remainder of their prem games and go and play some exhibition games in Saudi against the Saudi Royal families polo team.

• Haha 2

Would love us to beat MONs 64 points total from 09/10. I feel last seasons squad was good for 4/5 more points if Jack hadn't got injured so a jump to 64/65 points is a realistic target. 

Would also like to improve on our 5 wins and 1 draw against the breakaway 6. Cup run would be great too, at least a QF or SF. Win over United in VP would be splendid too

Â