2021/22 expectations

Jareth

With Emi, jack and Ollie in the prem 'stats' team of the year - if we add one or two more of similar quality then we will be up there, we really will. I think we will do what is necessary and I see us challenging top 6. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

With Emi, jack and Ollie in the prem 'stats' team of the year - if we add one or two more of similar quality then we will be up there, we really will. I think we will do what is necessary and I see us challenging top 6. 

I do find it amusing seeing Jack still appear towards the top of the chances created,  fouls won,  meters made lists, despite having missed nearly a third of the season so far. Phenomenal. 

If he stays fit, we should well be expecting top 6, even if we add just 1 quality signing.  The problem is I don't think he will stay fit,  and we'll need 3 quality replacements to make up for that... the 1 we need anyway, and 2 to make up for when Jack is out.

As such, with 2 good signings, average luck, and Jack playing 30 games, 8th should be the target.

I think a top 10 finish with a push for Europe should be the aim. Maybe a decent cup run. We need to establish ourselves as a mid table Premier League team again before really pushing on. I know it sounds long winded but we fell so far behind, it’s going to take a while to catch up. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

For me one target has to be top 10 though another is to maintain our form for a longer period than we did this. That would be a clear sign that the squad was stronger and should move us up naturally anyway. So for me top 8 is a good target with a chance of Europe if we exceed that. 

• Like 2

Top half.

Winning some games without Jack Grealish.

Good cup run (got shafted a bit by schedule right at the start of season and then FA cup and covid so should be able to have a better crack next season)

Odd player or two to come off the bench and win us some points.

Think top 6-7 will be too much of an ask unless we sign 2-3 really good players ready for first team. You never know but we should have enough to fight for 8th-10th given our progress and how this season has generally gone up to last 6 weeks.

Less than 10th and manager comes under pressure not just on message boards like this but from ownership but I'm hopeful we'll improve a little bit more.

49 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

At the risk of getting obliterated on this board... how sure are we that Jack will be here next year?

Personally I think it’s about 50/50

if he plays in Euros & takes them by storm I reckon large bids will come in. Whether he chooses to leave however is another matter entirely especially if the owners go large in the transfer market and even less likely he’d go in my view if we manage to sign Tammy Abraham as I reckon he’d fancy a season playing in a Villa team which just might have a good year. 

Top 10 is what I would like. 

But as long as we avoid the drop next season I will be happy, just as I am happy this season. 

We faced oblivion in the eye the past few years and came out the other side, I will never take Premier league status for granted ever again.

Happily the players, owners/ceo and management team seem to have their sights aimed much higher than mine, as it should be.

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

I’ll let you know when that season starts... who goes, who stays, who knows?

Â