2021/22 expectations

Jareth

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

you're twisting my words. i didn't say they'd be pissed of with the season overall. in fact i specifically said they'd be content with this season as a whole. i said they'd be pissed off at the 2021 form, and i stand by that. if next season starts like this one is finishing then i do fear for dean.

Again I'd be surprised if they were pissed off. These are successful businesmen and owners of sports clubs. I think they'd be well prepared to deal with dips on a long term journey. 

In fact, I'd be surprised if Dean didn't get a contract extension in the summer or beginning of next season.

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

I’m sure we will spend another 100 mill plus. Based on that I think we should be top 8. But with dean still in charge I fully expect to finish 11-14th 

8 hours ago, grobs said:

He’s absolutely burgling a living to be honest. Amount of money we have spent we should be embarrassed. 

1 hour ago, grobs said:

Sign a top CB, CM and RW and I’m happy this summer. Knowing dean he will sign 4 RB’s

:crylaugh:

You've got to try harder mate. 

Actually, don't.

Please carry on. Your posts are gold.

You got over Grealish stealing your lunch money yet?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

I’m sure we will spend another 100 mill plus. Based on that I think we should be top 8. But with dean still in charge I fully expect to finish 11-14th 

Why would you exoect to finish lower next season under the same manager that has massively improved us every season thus far?

We finish higher under Smith each year. What's the reason we will suddenly go backwards?

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

:crylaugh:

You've got to try harder mate. 

Actually, don't.

Please carry on. Your posts are gold.

You got over Grealish stealing your lunch money yet?

Caught him again! Easy 

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Why would you exoect to finish lower next season under the same manager that has massively improved us every season thus far?

We finish higher under Smith each year. What's the reason we will suddenly go backwards?

I think you are forgetting the fact our owners have completely thrown money at it for the last two years. Our improvements have been marginal compared to the money we’ve spent 

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

I think you are forgetting the fact our owners have completely thrown money at it for the last two years. Our improvements have been marginal compared to the money we’ve spent 

You didn't answer my question. It wasn't complicated. 

Ill try again:

Why do you think that a manager that has significantly improved our leave position every season he has been here, is now going to make us go backwards?

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

Because he’s not a very good manager? Did you not get that from my original comment? Too complicated for you? 

Not a very good manager that has improved us year on year? Lol

Listen we already have one troll (at least) on this forum and we don't need another. 

Just now, One For The Road said:

Not a very good manager that has improved us year on year? Lol

Listen we already have one troll (at least) on this forum and we don't need another. 

If your content with being a happy clapper and sitting in mid table at best every season then I salute you. You’ll wise up eventually 

21 minutes ago, grobs said:

Ignoring the laughable assertion that our improvements were marginal, clearly you admit they've still been improvements. Why would we suddenly go backwards? 

17 minutes ago, grobs said:

If your content with being a happy clapper and sitting in mid table at best every season then I salute you. You’ll wise up eventually 

Every season? It’s been one season being midtable so far by my count.

Also, if you’re trying to “catch” people, like here...

32 minutes ago, grobs said:

Caught him again! Easy 

...probably worth you reading the site guidelines about PFE :thumb:

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

You didn't answer my question. It wasn't complicated. 

Ill try again:

Why do you think that a manager that has significantly improved our leave position every season he has been here, is now going to make us go backwards?

Kienan Davis starting upfront for 20 games in a row if Ollie does his ACL on 2nd September? Obviously would not wish that on Ollie but it's an example of losing an essential starter and then results dipping very quickly.

Happened in previous two seasons with Jack and McGinn and Heaton in 19/20 so no reason it won't happen to someone else next season as much as I don't want it.

I would imagine we will get in a better backup striker than Davis but we haven't been in a huge rush to do last two years and plenty on here think Wesley back is enough already.

My target for this season was for us to finish top of the bottom six and we have done better than that. It seems that we will finish top of the bottom half instead and as the top West Midlands club, that is good progress.

Our great start to the season and some terrific performances such as the ones against Liverpool and Arsenal, had us thinking that Europe could be on. Sadly the covid breakout at the club, Jack's injury and a run of poor performances put paid to such high hopes.  Ultimately we could not even make a top half finish, but where we now are, it is still significant progress, on where we had been at this time last season. 

Our task for next season is to put our current lengthy run of poor results behind us and not to let it have any impact on the start to next season. The owners will provide the cash for us to freshen the team up with around three top quality players and our aim for next season should be in my opinion be top half (10th-8th). Anything better than that would, along with a cup run or two, represent a bonus. That said, I would really love it if we could win a cup or get into Europe again...;)

Edited by John

14 hours ago, grobs said:

No one has said they are happy to be midtable every season. Just that it's a realistic possibility next season all things considered. 

So oh wise one, what would you be happy with realistically?

15 hours ago, grobs said:

The money we've spent is largely irrelevant unfortunately, our squad still isn't relatively speaking in terms of the PL an expensive one 

Our improvements haven't been marginal they've been substantial 

As for being happy mid table... For me I'd now take marginal improvements, made with my own eyes rather than necessarily the table or stats, the midfield has to improve, so does the attacking play and play without jack 

I personally think we need to put ourselves in to a position where we can launch ourselves up the table following the integration of the young players that we have coming through, that probably means 2 years aiming for top 10 flirting with EL, Barry, chuk et Al hit 20 and we can start making good progress up the table, give ourselves a good stable launch pad

The obvious flaw with that idea is Jack grealish hanging around to see it happen 

20 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

No one has said they are happy to be midtable every season. Just that it's a realistic possibility next season all things considered. 

So oh wise one, what would you be happy with realistically?

Top 8

• Haha 1

Â