Brad Young

lexicon

1 minute ago, useless said:

He only turned twenty earlier this month, that doesn't count as hanging onto a youth player too long, and he's definitely not second choice, Duran ahead of him.

I think some reading too much into Emery's comments on Duran, when he says he's not ready he doesn't mean he's not ready at all, just that he's not ready to come in as a starter straight away, he's still going to be part of the squad and get game time, Emery also said Duran can 'help us'.

Good chance that Young will go back out on loan for second half of the season, I think we will bring in another striker, whether permanent signing or someone on loan.

The difference with Brad and, say Louie, is that Brad is physically ready. Or looks like he should be. He looked brilliant in the FA Youth Cup winning season, so the ability was there, but was it just because he was more developed than what he was playing against?

What say you useless? Think there's an outside chance he'll make it here?

I think Barry is naturally the  better footballer, he was clearly the better of the two when they were both playing in our academy together, and Barry did better in League Two last season.

Young will find it hard to make it with us, but with academy players it's not just about that, if we can help him get to a decent level with us or elsewhere that will benefit the club, especially the academy in various ways.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not sure he'll go out on loan again if he was homesick, and he's literally our 3rd choice and most experienced striker. Besides I believe he'd be able to do a job as a backup.

He’s scored a grand total of 2 goals across his loans in league 2 and the Scottish Championship. I don’t think he’s anywhere near our level even as a backup.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I thought he'd have a chance a few years ago, looked strong aggressive and confident.

He hasn't done it in the Scottish second division. He won't play for this club at senior level ever again.

Keep him around until the end of the season. On the bench at times. 

• 2 months later...

Another like Raikhy, that I thought could have a future with us, that I'm sure will have a good career somewhere else. Pity we have been unable to get any fee for these players, to plough into the development of our future youngsters. Someone will be getting a bargain, someone like Walsall should be all over this, in my opinion. 

4 players who have all looked decent at times.

We clearly have high standards.

The step up is very difficult, and particularly as the manager and owners are intending to bring in experienced high standard players,

All 4 will probably make a very decent living from the game.

Good luck, lads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I still think we should’ve kept him one more year…

I think his loan spells made up minds that he hasn't kicked on. Reminds me of a young David speedie. Hope he gets a good club but may have to start in the 2nd division.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I think his loan spells made up minds that he hasn't kicked on. Reminds me of a young David speedie. Hope he gets a good club but may have to start in the 2nd division.

Is he also travelling back in time a few decades? 

Â