Brad Young

lexicon

honestly, im not sure what to make of him, yes he has scored goals etc, but overall when i watch him he just seems like a bit of a jack of all trades master of none.

ie: fairly well built for his age but not particularly tall or imposing physically, possesses a little bit of skill but isnt "skillful", isnt slow but isnt fast, looks comfortable on the ball but it also doesnt stick to him like glue, seems ok with passes etc but doesnt really have a defence splitting pass in him, seems to be able to finish but sometimes dallies on the ball when maybe he should shoot.

I dunno........not sure what to make of him.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

honestly, im not sure what to make of him, yes he has scored goals etc, but overall when i watch him he just seems like a bit of a jack of all trades master of none.

ie: fairly well built for his age but not particularly tall or imposing physically, possesses a little bit of skill but isnt "skillful", isnt slow but isnt fast, looks comfortable on the ball but it also doesnt stick to him like glue, seems ok with passes etc but doesnt really have a defence splitting pass in him, seems to be able to finish but sometimes dallies on the ball when maybe he should shoot.

He sounds like a perfect fit for our current midfield (Jack aside) 😂

His touch at 3:43 or thereabouts is sublime: 

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think what you're describing is a great foundation for an 18 year-old to build on tbf

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/players/u18/bradyoung

Not a player that gets mentioned a whole lot - I couldn't find a thread for him, so thought I'd start one. 

Anyway, he flies under the radar somewhat given the bigger names/potential stars in the U23s and U18 side but every game I've seen him in, he's done well - good technical skills, great workrate and a good athlete too; he's quick and doesn't tire easily.

So far this season, he's got 13 goals and 4 assists in 17 games (16 starts) as per the link above - I'm guessing that just for the U18s. 

Thought he deserved a thread and some recognition!

Glad you opened this, was talking about him yesterday.

Since his cameo against Liverpool, I've been keen to follow his progress.

As I said yesterday, just seems fearless and confident, which are huge attributes for progression.

• 3 weeks later...

I think he might be one of those who looks good for his age because he has matured quickly. Be surprised if he turns out to be a top PL player, but I like his attitude. Definitely physically ready for men’s football, and has a bit of swagger as well.

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

Looks handy. Probably on for a similar career to James Collins who is a great scorer in the lower leagues.

Awful neck tattoo.

Yeah not a great look, reminds me of some of the ne'er-do-wells I used to drink with on the Vale in the late 80's :)

44 minutes ago, sne said:

His style reminded me a bit of a young Andi Weimann and John Guidetti, and I don't mean that as an insult :D 

Definitely got the energy and work rate - he's a lot more technically gifted than Weimann at least IMO. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â