Brad Young

lexicon

Surprised he hasn't gone back out on loan, maybe it's a case of wanting keep one proven striker back for the U23s.

He could benefit from other players going out on loan in similar way to how Archer did at the start of the season.

As it stands our first team attackers available for the second half of the season are Bailey, Traore, Coutinho, Buendia, Ings, and Watkins, that's six players to cover the front three, an injury or two, and he could suddenly find himself in the first team squad.

On 25/01/2022 at 11:13, OutByEaster? said:

I love how aggressive he is, he will battle and battle and battle with a centre half no matter how big they are - he seems to play on the edge of a rage and then when there are moments when he needs to finish or play someone in, he's suddenly calm as you like. It's a fantastic mentality.

Might have got away with a little punch in the back of one of the defenders last night in a tussle, but he's smart with it too and more than capable of leaving his mark. He never stops running, he's hard as nails, nasty as Thatcher and finishes like a zen Buddhist - I bet he's an absolute nightmare to play against.

Thatcher may well have been nasty but she was never turned in her career

I guess Gerrard will look at him a bit closer. He has got some brilliant aspects to his game alongside some poor ones. His timing of his runs and his willingness to have it with cemtre halves is pretty outstanding for an 18 year old 

• 4 months later...

Finished top scorer for the U23s despite only being there for half a season, didn't do as well goal scoring wise out on loan but Carlise as a team were very poor as creative and attacking force, only bottom placed Scunthorpe scored fewer goals than them in the whole division.

I think in a more attack minded side he'd do better, Garner has left them as manager now to join Charlton, so we might not have the same connection, but I think Swindon would be a good move for him, that's presuming they bring someone who's going to have them playing in a similar way that Garner had them playing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Only has to look at Cameron Archer.

I think he's really got something about to have another really good career.

I love Brads attitude and aggression and his brilliant movement.  But the one thing that will hold him back more than anything is his left foot. Not alot going on there . 

• 2 months later...

I don't think he impressed a great deal at Carlise, there were probably mitigating circumstances for that such as them being one of the worst if not the worst attacking teams in the league, so not much in the way of chances would have been created for him, not his fault, I imagine would have done much better in a better attacking team, but that he didn't make much of an impression as an attacking force may have been enough to put other League Two sides off bringing him in and beyond that in this country there's only non-league.

So it might just be that the club thought the Championship in Scotland was a better level for him than the National League in this country, Ayr are top of the League and have second best goals scored as well, so at least looks like he will playing in fairly decent attacking team, if he can impress with them might get an upgrade in January.

Good move for him I'd have thought because there's a good chance he'll play every week and he's got as good a chance as any now to get in amongst the goals and impress. 

Hopefully hits the ground running up there. 

Â