Brad Young

lexicon

I don't know I could only find this...

'Silver lining. Good movement, dangerous dribbling, good ball use, and constant threat. Made the Forest Green guard make his only rescue in the afternoon. The service was starved and lonely. He received real support on Tuesday, but not today.'

Seems like he worked hard and forced the Forest Green goalkeeper into his only save of the afternoon but had little in the way of service

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Carlisle United can confirm that Villa forward Brad Young has returned to his parent club following a half-season loan stay at Brunton Park.
The 18-year-old joined the Blues in the middle of August and made his debut in the 0-0 away draw at Port Vale.
He bagged three goals in 20 appearances, making a total of 10 starts in all competitions.

Manager Keith Millen said: “Brad is a lad I’ve enjoyed working with. He puts in the effort in training and responded well when I first came into the club.
"I started him and Tristan in the first few games and he worked really hard. He struggled to score the goals, but we’ve struggled to get goals from all of our forwards this season.
“I felt that I need to freshen up my front line. I couldn’t guarantee him a starting place, but that’s the same for everyone.
"I spoke to Aston Villa a number of times and we discussed what was best for the player and his future. We mutually agreed that if he wasn’t going to get enough game time then it would be best for him to go back to Villa.
“It’s hard for an 18-year-old lad to be so far away from home but not be playing as much as he would like, I understand that, and I wouldn’t want anyone to be up here and not happy.
“We obviously wish him well. It will be a good experience for him, it’s his first loan and whether he looks back on it as a good or bad experience, he’ll definitely have learned from it.
"I’m sure if he keeps working hard he’s got a bright future.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Div3 said:

Carlisle United can confirm that Villa forward Brad Young has returned to his parent club following a half-season loan stay at Brunton Park.
The 18-year-old joined the Blues in the middle of August and made his debut in the 0-0 away draw at Port Vale.
He bagged three goals in 20 appearances, making a total of 10 starts in all competitions.

Manager Keith Millen said: “Brad is a lad I’ve enjoyed working with. He puts in the effort in training and responded well when I first came into the club.
"I started him and Tristan in the first few games and he worked really hard. He struggled to score the goals, but we’ve struggled to get goals from all of our forwards this season.
“I felt that I need to freshen up my front line. I couldn’t guarantee him a starting place, but that’s the same for everyone.
"I spoke to Aston Villa a number of times and we discussed what was best for the player and his future. We mutually agreed that if he wasn’t going to get enough game time then it would be best for him to go back to Villa.
“It’s hard for an 18-year-old lad to be so far away from home but not be playing as much as he would like, I understand that, and I wouldn’t want anyone to be up here and not happy.
“We obviously wish him well. It will be a good experience for him, it’s his first loan and whether he looks back on it as a good or bad experience, he’ll definitely have learned from it.
"I’m sure if he keeps working hard he’s got a bright future.”

sounds very professional and sensible all round

13 hours ago, Div3 said:

That should have always been our policy with all of our young loanees and I'm glad that it now seems to be, with Mile playing the role of enforcer.   

Mile Jedinak Bio-salary, net worth, married, wife, children, relationship,  affair, career, nationality, age, height, family

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love how aggressive he is, he will battle and battle and battle with a centre half no matter how big they are - he seems to play on the edge of a rage and then when there are moments when he needs to finish or play someone in, he's suddenly calm as you like. It's a fantastic mentality.

Might have got away with a little punch in the back of one of the defenders last night in a tussle, but he's smart with it too and more than capable of leaving his mark. He never stops running, he's hard as nails, nasty as Thatcher and finishes like a zen Buddhist - I bet he's an absolute nightmare to play against.

• Like 4

Â