The Race for Europe 20/21

GingerCollins29

19 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Gary Neville wants to relegate them. He was on a serious rant earlier. 

You can see it on sky sports app. It’s well worth a look. I like Neville a lot and he really gives it to Man U and Liverpool in particular!

• Like 1

This won’t happen. We all know money talks but there are seriously wealthy players that would be against this as well as for it. It won’t happen. I reckon they are just using it as leverage for negotiations on the new champions league format. They will probably get to quality based on history in the tournament or some bollocks.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This won’t happen. We all know money talks but there are seriously wealthy players that would be against this as well as for it. It won’t happen. I reckon they are just using it as leverage for negotiations on the new champions league format. They will probably get to quality based on history in the tournament or some bollocks.

This, another smoke and mirrors job and they know exactly what they want

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

This, another smoke and mirrors job and they know exactly what they want

They may know what they want, but it's just to suit their own narratives.

Three of the so called big 6 have never won the competition and 20 years ago one of them was floating around the old 3rd Division, and 2 of them currently aren't in the competition.

It's about greed and preventing damage to their bottom line, nothing more.

Maybe their should be a clause that previous winners qualify every year.....if anything it's more viable a proposition than their selfish demands.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Gary Neville wants to relegate them. He was on a serious rant earlier. 

The same Gary Neville who part owns Salford City FC, the "man city" of the lower leagues? And he has the gall to go on live TV and call people hypocrites? 

Just read that these teams are calling their existing fanbases 'legacy fans' and are looking to market themselves to 'future fans'. Man City's legacy fans kept them a float when they were in League 1. Grim. On another note good to see Mourinho has obviously been giving the Spurs board grief, so they've had to sack him. Total chaos. 

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 2

On 17/04/2021 at 14:49, OutByEaster? said:

Shall we try a prediction:

Champions League:

• Man City (1st)
  • Man Utd (2nd)
  • Leicester (3rd)
  • Chelsea (4th)
  • Arsenal (Europa League winners)

Europa League:

• Liverpool (5th)

Europa Conference League 

• West Ham (6th)

This aged well...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

The same Gary Neville who part owns Salford City FC, the "man city" of the lower leagues? And he has the gall to go on live TV and call people hypocrites? 

You mean the Gary Neville who has invested staggering amounts of his own money into his local club and taken them from the dredges of the national leagues to the 4th tier of English football?

The same Gary Neville who has directly contributed to hundreds of jobs for local people in a run down area and revitalized community infrastructure in an area the borough council were shying away from?

Just because they are famous doesn't take away from the fact that they have invested in the pyramid of the lower leagues which is exactly what the dream of every fan of those clubs should be hoping for - to reach the upper echelons of football one day with your club! The very thing that this proposal is threatening to destroy. 

I'm no Utd Fan and I certainly don't agree with Neville on a LOT of things, but to call him a hypocrite after his passionate speech last night is farcically short sighted. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Just read that these teams are calling their existing fanbases 'legacy fans' and are looking to market themselves to 'future fans'. Man City's legacy fans kept them a float when they were in League 1. Grim. On another note good to see Mourinho has obviously been giving the Spurs board grief, so they've had to sack him. Total chaos. 

If the rumors that Jose Mourinho refused to take training after the ESL announcement are true then I have a huge amount of new found respect for the bloke. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

If the rumors that Jose Mourinho refused to take training after the ESL announcement are true then I have a huge amount of new found respect for the bloke. 

Don't fall for the Mourinho reputation rebuilding PR.  He's an outdated manager who has failed at his latest task. The last thing I want is "The Special One" showing up at Villa in 2 years time to replace Dean 🤮

Seeing a lot of Villa fans saying that they hope Leeds beat Liverpool tonight because of the grotesque concept of the proposed 'super league', no thanks to that, still want us to finish as high as possible, and a top half finish should be the aim for us, which means we're going to need Leeds to lose games.

Edited by useless
I say 'a lot' probably more like two or three, but point still stands.