The Race for Europe 20/21

GingerCollins29

5 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

It was always a long shot, and our chances went when Jack got injured. We just don't have the squad yet, and it was always a long shot to catch two of West ham, spurs and Everton.

Let's remember we have been terrible for a long time, and if we get top ten that would be a real improvement.

100% this.

Unless we buy exceptionally well in the summer, they mostly prove to be genuine upgrades and they fit in pretty quickly, I suspect it could get hairy for Smith next year, especially if our progress isn't driving results. We will see soon enough.

• Like 1

To think Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham may not finish in the top 4 this season.

Fair play to Leicester and West Ham for giving it a damn good go.

Europe may not be possible for us but a top ten finish would be a very good season after last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

To think Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham may not finish in the top 4 this season.

Fair play to Leicester and West Ham for giving it a damn good go.

Europe may not be possible for us but a top ten finish would be a very good season after last year.

Lingard has a been a game changer for them. Pretty much scored and/or assisted every game he has played since joining. Without him I reckon they would be quite close to us.

If they make top four he could be considered one of the signings of the season.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lingard has a been a game changer for them. Pretty much scored and/or assisted every game he has played since joining. Without him I reckon they would be quite close to us.

If they make top four he could be considered one of the signings of the season.

Loan signing of the season, absolutely.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Qualifying for Europe would have killed us in the league. Our first team isn’t even ready, never mind our squad. We need another couple of years of rebuilding before we can even think of Europe.  

completely this, will be interesting to see how West Ham end up next season if they end up in the Europa League

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

I dont think I remember so many results going the wrong way in one weekend. 

Still got Everton tomorrow. Given we're just three off them still and have to play them twice it's still realistic to finish above them as they have a tough run in themselves. I'd like to think if Brighton play to a decent standard like they do most weeks they can take at least a point as Everton are hardly great defensively and have air of a team on the beach now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

I dont think I remember so many results going the wrong way in one weekend. 

And this is the point that myself, @Mazrim, @ejs1111 and many others pointed out only the other day there.

We have an almighty run in of fixtures where we will be lucky to collect double figures on pts.

We also knew that it was weak in expecting the teams above us to drop points too which was never going to happen either, especially when we can not even beat the majority of the teams in the bottom six!

We need to face the reality that we will not be qualifying for Europe this season.

• Like 1