The Race for Europe 20/21

GingerCollins29

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Seeing a lot of Villa fans saying that they hope Leeds beat Liverpool tonight because of the grotesque concept of the proposed 'super league', no thanks to that, still want us to finish as high as possible, and a top half finish should be the aim for us, which means we're going to need Leeds to lose games.

I hope Leeds beat Liverpool tonight and I hope those 6 clubs get beaten every time they play to be honest. This breakaway league does far more harm to us and football in general than finishing a couple of places lower in midtable. Leeds can lose to any of the other clubs but there's no chance I'll be rooting for one of these corrupt clubs in any game of football going forwards.

• Like 3

Liverpool losing tonigh won't make any difference or change anything, Leeds losing benefits us and gives us a better chance of finishing higher up the league. All I care about is us doing as well as possible, Liverpool can lose their other games as long as it has no affect on us.

• Like 1

So in 2021-22, European qualifiers will be:

• Super League - six shitbags.
  • Champions league - the four teams that finish highest and aren't shitbags.
  • Europa League - the FA Cup winners and the next highest league side that isn't a shitbag
  • Europa Conference - League Cup winner

So potentially thirteen Premier league clubs.

I really hope this doesn't happen.

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So in 2021-22, European qualifiers will be:

• Super League - six shitbags.
  • Champions league - the four teams that finish highest and aren't shitbags.
  • Europa League - the FA Cup winners and the next highest league side that isn't a shitbag
  • Europa Conference - League Cup winner

So potentially thirteen Premier league clubs.

I really hope this doesn't happen.

Can’t imagine it would be resolved in four months for an August start, there is far too much to sort of for it to go ahead that quickly even if parties were willing nevermind the current situation.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Leeds are such a good team. So long as Bielsa is in charge they will go from strength to strength. I really think they could threaten the top 4 next season with a few carefully selected transfers.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Arsenal play Everton next and Leeds play Man Utd, so regardless of what happens on Wednesday, we could climb to nineth if we beat Albion. If we somehow managed to beat Man City then eighth would be a possibility.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Leeds are such a good team. So long as Bielsa is in charge they will go from strength to strength. I really think they could threaten the top 4 next season with a few carefully selected transfers.

Nah will stay a mid table team, can’t defend for shit! As Souness said, Bielsa doesn’t care about conceding goals.  That’s not a model for for a European level team.

12 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Keep an eye on the goal difference column, it’s a bigger indicator of a teams quality. They’re at 0 - a decent mid table figure. The only chance they’re threatening top 4 is if the big 6 do **** off.

• Like 1

On the flip side we messed up so much in March just with the Sheffield and Newcastle games.

Two wins from that and we'd only be 6 points off 4th now with two games in hand and looking at what likes of Chelsea have left you'll probably be able to secure 4th on 65 points this season so with strong end to the season we'll end about 10 points adrift of that.

Lowest amounts needed for top 4 for quite a few seasons that, could well be back to 70 + points next season which gives a scale of the task for coming years.

Edited by VillaChris

On 19/04/2021 at 22:13, nick76 said:

Nah will stay a mid table team, can’t defend for shit! As Souness said, Bielsa doesn’t care about conceding goals.  That’s not a model for for a European level team.

Served Real Madrid quite well

• Confused 1

On 19/04/2021 at 22:50, M_Afro said:

They will face the second season syndrom. Don't worry.

• Like 1

On 19/04/2021 at 21:50, M_Afro said:

Next seasons Sheffield united 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Next seasons Sheffield united 

I hope you’re right but I don’t think so. They have the ability to dominate all teams for sustained periods. Sheff U just scrapped results. That’s unsustainable. If Leeds invest in some decent defenders they will move forward again.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I hope you’re right but I don’t think so. They have the ability to dominate all teams for sustained periods. Sheff U just scrapped results. That’s unsustainable. If Leeds invest in some decent defenders they will move forward again.

Leeds possession

v Man City 29%

v Fulham 49%

v Chelsea 38%

3 of their last five games their possession has been poorer.  Yes against Liverpool they had some dominate some possession but Liverpool on the stats alone had far more chances to score than Leeds and weren’t clinical. 

I think you are slightly blinded by one game against Liverpool.

34 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Leeds possession

v Man City 29%

v Fulham 49%

v Chelsea 38%

3 of their last five games their possession has been poorer.  Yes against Liverpool they had some dominate some possession but Liverpool on the stats alone had far more chances to score than Leeds and weren’t clinical. 

I think you are slightly blinded by one game against Liverpool.

To be fair they only had 10 men against City for over half a match.

Anyway, I don’t care about Leeds. In fact I don’t like them. As I said, I hope I am wrong. I just think that they are real competition to us over the next few years.