The Race for Europe 20/21

GingerCollins29

On 21/04/2021 at 10:39, villalad21 said:

We won't finish in the top half.

Our run in is brutal and we don't have our star man.

Sounds really grim and negative but am is supposed to bullshit you or be realistic?

I agree, they're two massive factors against us. ☹️

However, it looks like we have a half-decent chance of finishing 11th, with Palace losing last night and the "woeful" Wolves performance the other day, losing 4-0 at home to Burnley.

Can 8th place get into Europe, if Man Utd and Man City both win their European trophies, and Man City win the FA cup?

We are 9th with an outside chance of 8th.

Edited by ender4
Wrong team

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Can 8th place get into Europe, if Man Utd and Arsenal win their European trophies, and Man City win the FA cup?

Both United and Arsenal can't win, they're in the same cup. If Arsenal win, 4th place doesn't get Champions League.

2 hours ago, Swerbs said:

Both United and Arsenal can't win, they're in the same cup. If Arsenal win, 4th place doesn't get Champions League.

Oh I meant Man City.

If Man City win CL and Man Utd win the EL... what position gets into the Euro Conference League?

Edited by ender4

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Oh I meant Man City.

If Man City win CL and FA Cup, and Man Utd win the EL... what position gets into the Euro Conference League?

8th I believe 

23 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

If Arsenal win then 5 English teams get into Champions League

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If Arsenal win then 5 English teams get into Champions League

Oh I stand corrected then, that's what the commentary team on the Chelsea game mentioned earlier

Imaginw getting Europe  in 8th. That be crazy.

But are we ready for this ? Thursday a and sundays? I dint think qe are ready for europe.

Id be very happy with 10th anything else be a bonus

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

But are we ready for this ? Thursday a and sundays? I dint think qe are ready for europe.

Phew we can bash Smith for getting us into Europe at least ;) 

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why aren’t we? It’s a squad game, our problem is we don’t rotate. We wanted to be out of cups, but in reality our form went down even without cups. 

Regarding the conference league, I think cup runners-up will have a better chance, although if Spurs went to Europa League then it’s open again. 
Now it’s 5 cup finals, let’s the great escape again. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Can 8th place get into Europe, if Man Utd and Man City both win their European trophies, and Man City win the FA cup?

Its good plan... but Man City arent in the FA cup

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I really need to stop drinking and posting 😂😂

Let me try again... does Europe go to 8th if Man Utd win the EL, and either Chelsea or Leicester win the FA Cup whilst both of them finish in the top 4?

Not sure if Man City winning the CL makes any difference to the permutations.

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Top 4

1. City - champs league winners - Ucl

2. United - europa league winners - ucl

3. Leicester - fa cup winners - ucl

4.   Ucl place

5. El place 

6. El place (fa cup)

7. Ecl place

(Is how i think it works) happy to be corrected!

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I really need to stop drinking and posting 😂😂

Let me try again... does Europe go to 8th if Man Utd win the EL, and either Chelsea or Leicester win the FA Cup whilst both of them finish in the top 4?

Not sure if Man City winning the CL makes any difference to the permutations.

I dont think so, im sure it only goes to 7 spots. If Arsenal win Europa then England get an 8th spot

We're on the same points now as Sheffield United and Tottenham were on last season after thirty-three games, with a better goal difference. From the final games of 2019/20 we took eight points, if we match that this season we will finish on 56 points, which last season would have been enough to finish eighth. I can see us doing better and getting 15 points from our final five, even if we only manage 12 that will still take us to 60 points.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

We're on the same points now as Sheffield United and Tottenham were on last season after thirty-three games, with a better goal difference. From the final games of 2019/20 we took eight points, if we match that this season we will finish on 56 points, which last season would have been enough to finish eighth. I can see us doing better and getting 15 points from our final five, even if we only manage 12 that will still take us to 60 points.

You can see us winning every remaining game?! Against two teams in the top 4, two teams above us and a quite solid Crystal Palace?

Our finish to last season was somewhat exceptional and the reason we stayed up. If we matched 8pts from the last five games I'd be pretty pleased!! Last night we were very good, but this calendar year we've been pretty awful, we're not suddenly winning six on the bounce.

If we stay 10th or above I'll be pleasantly surprised!