Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

33 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t know if it affects your view on this or not but both Grealish or Buendia will play central before JJ or Carney in any league game so you could say getting another body on the wing is just the same as getting one there.

Personally I’m actually a step the other way and think Grealish - Buendia - Traore will be our starting line-up, and ESR won’t happen - if it did then I too might be moving on AEG but I think we are still one short as things stand. So we end up at the same conclusion using different workings.

That’s why it’s so important to show your workings out. 

With rumour control blowing up, let’s pretend for a minute we signed some of these links. 

You could put together this ridiculously attacking team: 

ESR—————Watkins————Alvarez

Grealish————JWP—————Buendia

———————Back 4 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

With rumour control blowing up, let’s pretend for a minute we signed some of these links. 

———————Back 4 

blink-182 wtf GIF

• Like 2

Of course in videos like the above you’re usually watching the “best of” a player, but regardless he bloody loves a through ball and a perfectly weighted dink over the top or out into the channel. Nice technique on him, just depends how repeatable it is.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Watching vids of Alvarez and he appears to have the assets of a number 10.  

In parts he definitely does yeah. When he starts putting through balls on the counter - yeah you can see it for sure.

For me the majority of the time he reminds me as a potentially more versatile AEG. A lot of confidence, very direct and is happy to try a shot or run at a player. But also has the rawness  - some of the shooting in particular reminds me of AEGs Burnley game.

That said, he's 5 Years younger. So he should be raw. If he becomes a more versatile, better passing range version of AEG that actually fulfils his potential. It would be a hell of a find. 

Based on a 9min Youtube video of a guy I heard about 12 minutes ago, I'm in.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Awol said:

———————Back 4 

That's a lovely little rectangle of surnames you've put together there. 

God help that unnamed back 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

What does what say about the player? 

The fact that their in dreamland for the amount of money we are looking at buying him for...it doesn’t sound like he's that much of a valuable asset, he's still young mind you maybe we see a lot of potential in this young chap 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Given the squad it’s needs and the club stating we are making a small number of moves I really don’t see us buying another RW. 

I think he will be used as a striker too so competing with Watkins id imagine and can play out wide if needed

20 minutes ago, skarroki said:

That's a lovely little rectangle of surnames you've put together there. 

God help that unnamed back 4

Not really. We used to play a 3 of Jack, Hourihane and SJM. 

Jack does his share when sitting deeper, JWP is an amazing DCM and Buendia is very good defensively. ESR known for his aggressive pressing, as is Ollie - no idea about Alvarez. 

Not saying we’d ever set up like that, just that you could do it without committing suicide defensively and still have an unbelievable attacking threat. 

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

The fact that their in dreamland for the amount of money we are looking at buying him for...it doesn’t sound like he's that much of a valuable asset, he's still young mind you maybe we see a lot of potential in this young chap 

If you believe the fans at his club he’s one of the best young attacking talents in S America. They haven’t had the crazy price inflation seen in Europe (and especially the PL) yet. 

Madrid had him on trial years ago but were blocked from signing him by some rule on age restrictions - I don’t know the details. 

Quite excited by the link to Alvarez. Never heard of him until yesterday but from what I’ve seen on YooTube he looks exactly what we need which is a ST/RW.

Funnily enough his style of play kind of reminds me of that Scottish play called Raschica……

Really hope this isn’t agents talk and that Beundia and Martinez do their part and persuade him to come to Villa over Ajax.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, rayk said:

Funnily enough his style of play kind of reminds me of that Scottish play called Raschica……

It's about time you paid more attention to geography in school lad. 

Scotland is nowhere near Kosovo.