Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

46 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's about time you paid more attention to geography in school lad. 

Scotland is nowhere near Kosovo.

Yes but if Chelmsley Wood were to move towards Villa Park.......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Awol said:

If you believe the fans at his club he’s one of the best young attacking talents in S America. They haven’t had the crazy price inflation seen in Europe (and especially the PL) yet. 

Madrid had him on trial years ago but were blocked from signing him by some rule on age restrictions - I don’t know the details. 

Sounds good i guess, would you prefer Rashica or Alvarez , and if hes on the bench for argentina id say he must be quite good as even Buendia is not in the squad.

10 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

No I really don't think they will.

Buendia didn't play a single game at CAM last year. His defensive work rate is why he is so valuable. It's make believe by our fans that he suddenly goes central next year.

Dean could easily have spent the considerable fee from Barkley on a LW to put Jack central last year but he's been quoted by Jack to say that he gets all his goals and assists on the wing (Jack blamed his FIFA stats on Dean playing him left last year). Jack will be on the left and Buendia will be on the right.

Ramsey made more appearances central than Jack (9) and Buendia (0) combined last year. 16 sub appearances and 5 starts. We can debate as to whether he was played as an 8 or a 10 in those but it was more than both centrally either way. 

Carneys one or two appearances were both central and he's a natural CM / CAM. I think he'll play central more than Buendia next year even if Emi is positioned there in a couple of games

People seem to forget as well Smith likes having the inverted wingers.

Buendia is right footed - I acknowledge he is good on his left but he still scored more than 2/3’s of his goals for  Norwich on his right peg. 

I have no doubt he will play out right at times, but at this stage the line will be:

Grealish — Buendia — Traore

ESR would provide cover on the left and centrally. Alvarez is also right footed so not sure where he would slot in.

Just now, KangarooVillan said:

Buendia is right footed - I acknowledge he is good on his left but he still scored more than 2/3’s of his goals for  Norwich on his right peg. 

I have no doubt he will play out right at times, but at this stage the line will be:

ESR would provide cover on the left and centrally. Alvarez is also right footed so not sure where he would slot in.

There is not a chance that ESR would provide cover for Traore. He’d go straight into the team as the 10 with Buendia on the right. 

• Like 4

Smith-Rowe would be a starter for me too.

I also think the fee being quoted is absolute tosh, looking back at all Purslow/lange deals for us, the fee has been bang on or very good value for our club. We have more likely gone in at 15m and it will, if it goes through, be drawn out and end up as 22/25m with a lot of add ons. 

We have the money, they need the money, he is on a short contract. The only thing stopping this would be Arsenal not wanting another dent to their ridiculous ego.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

I also think the fee being quoted is absolute tosh, looking back at all Purslow/lange deals for us, the fee has been bang on or very good value for our club. We have more likely gone in at 15m and it will, if it goes through, be drawn out and end up as 22/25m with a lot of add ons. 

We have the money, they need the money, he is on a short contract. The only thing stopping this would be Arsenal not wanting another dent to their ridiculous ego.

Arsenal fans will be wanting £50m for him, I think anything under £40m is OK. it's a mad fee for a kid with 7 months in the league don't get me wrong but it's probably his 'fair' value considering he's one of only two Arsenal players who can do anything and is a hyped, young English lad. £35m probably be about right.

I get it's high but £15-22m is low by today's standards and we won't be getting him for that

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

See I think the money is about right.  He's a young, very talented player that now has a season-ish under his belt.  If he continues to progress you can easily see him being worth 60m, 80m, 100m (given how transfer fees keep increasing) in a couple of years time.  £32.5m or even a few more million higher you are paying for potential, paying how young he is, and how he's done so far.  if you add all those bits together plus getting from a big team you can see his price in the same bracket as Buendia's.

14 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

We aren't (allegedly, potentially) spending £32m+ on ESR for him to play backup.

If we somehow pull that off it'll be

Grealish - ESR - Buendia

With Traore now a backup to Buendia

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Arsenal fans will be wanting £50m for him, I think anything under £40m is OK. it's a mad fee for a kid with 7 months in the league don't get me wrong but it's probably his 'fair' value considering he's one of only two Arsenal players who can do anything and is a hyped, young English lad. £35m probably be about right.

I get it's high but £15-22m is low by today's standards and we won't be getting him for that

I think you can see his quality and that this is just the beginning for him at this level.  A bit like Grealish, Mount and Foden when they came on the scene, you can just see the natural quality.  Now they still need to use that and not waste it and they need the right coaching around them but at 20 years old if it doesnt work in a couple years time you are still likely to get a significant portion of your fee back if you decide to sell.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

See I think the money is about right.  He's a young, very talented player that now has a season-ish under his belt.  If he continues to progress you can easily see him being worth 60m, 80m, 100m (given how transfer fees keep increasing) in a couple of years time.  £32.5m or even a few more million higher you are paying for potential, paying how young he is, and how he's done so far.  if you add all those bits together plus getting from a big team you can see his price in the same bracket as Buendia's.

I get it but It surprises me with his limited experience and short contract. Hope we get the better out of it. I can't see us having gone in at 30m, we are tougher then that. 

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

How much did you look at him last season? I ran the rule over him for fantasy reasons as cheap in FPL and didn't bother because didn't see regular returns. 2 goals 4 assists in 1400 odd mins. Traore 7 goals and 6 assists in around 2300 mins and people want to ditch him. Ridiculous really

You can argue one has more all round game but relevant stats in other areas for attacking mids are similar for both

P.S. this doesn't mean I'm against signing ESR more in defence of Traore

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I get it but It surprises me with his limited experience and short contract. Hope we get the better out of it. I can't see us having gone in at 30m, we are tougher then that. 

short contract? he still has two years which isnt long but is some wiggle room for Arsenal

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How much did you look at him last season? I ran the rule over him for fantasy reasons as cheap in FPL and didn't bother because didn't see regular returns. 2 goals 4 assists in 1400 odd mins. Traore 7 goals and 6 assists in around 2300 mins and people want to ditch him. Ridiculous really

You can argue one has more all round game but relevant stats in other areas for attacking mids are similar for both

P.S. this doesn't mean I'm against signing ESR more in defence of Traore

I see your point but as with El Ghazi as well, i bet his stats look good but generally you wouldnt start him..  I think it's just what they do throughout the game that makes the difference for that ESR would start.

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He literally burst in to a p1ss poor team and looked to be one of the main reasons they turned their season around.

His work rate was excellent and I think Deano might be looking at changing the balance of our play and going with harder workers in the 3, not spending on a DM and going with a 2 from DL JM MN and MS.

You may be right about Bertie and ESL comes in as cover but the fee doesn't make sense for that. Deano subbed Bertie quite a lot, I think he would go ESL and use Bertie the other way round and make him an impact sub.

26 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We aren't (allegedly, potentially) spending £32m+ on ESR for him to play backup.

If we somehow pull that off it'll be

Grealish - ESR - Buendia

With Traore now a backup to Buendia

Less backup - more a rotational option who still plays decent minutes. He will start some games but probably not most.

Smith, for the most part, wants to play inverted wingers. There will be times you will see the formation you have shown above, but as a starting point it will be Grealish — Buendia — Traore.

Right now, Traore is better than ESR anyway...