Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

He's being sarcastic that the fee is too low and the replies are either saying things like 15 mil must be a 25% downpayment,  or rueful stuff like "in the current Argentinian economy you can't turn down 15 mil" I think

Well if anything, that kind of talk, makes it appear that he is VERY good, which is good?

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Contract expires in 2022.

Reading through some of the River Plate fan tweets they seem to think it’s good money, dreamland if they could get 20. 

S America a totally different market financially. Won’t be long before PL clubs are plundering it for those prices, instead of paying top dollar once they’ve been in Spain or Portugal for a few years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I won this kid in a poker game. I had the 15 of clubs. They accused me of cheating. The impertinence!

You get 15 clubs, whaddya get, accused of cheating and deeper in debt...

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Awol said:

Reading through some of the River Plate fan tweets they seem to think it’s good money, dreamland if they could get 20. 

S America a totally different market financially. Won’t be long before PL clubs are plundering it for those prices, instead of paying top dollar once they’ve been in Spain or Portugal for a few years. 

So now its making me think what does that say about the player 🤔 few question marks on this one but i have trust in our guys to recruit with great precision 

54 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This Doku on left for Belgium looks interestin....plays for Rennes so wouldn't be easy to get him away. Was a bit confused considering the Patson guy everyone goes on about on here is at Salzburg until I realised it was a different vowel ending in his surname!

Doku looked amazing, 19 years old and he’s performing like that at the Euros, imagine him in 5 years time

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So now its making me think what does that say about the player 🤔 few question marks on this one but i have trust in our guys to recruit with great precision 

What does what say about the player? 

He's valued at £13.5mil on Transfermarkt, I feel like they're on the ball with player worth a lot of the time. A young Argentinian in their league getting into the Copa America squad is good, he has good stats for someone who's played predominantly out wide too. 

I've never seen him play though so that's all I can judge it on really. Think this would be a "one for the future" sort of signing, bring him in and slowly get him used to living in the UK and the style and tempo of the Premier League

Edited by skarroki
I'm talking about Alvarez

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Also, I think when detailed like this any other winger we bring in would mean AEG moves on. We simply don't need another body, he has to go if we bring in another.

Don’t know if it affects your view on this or not but both Grealish or Buendia will play central before JJ or Carney in any league game so you could say getting another body on the wing is just the same as getting one there.

Personally I’m actually a step the other way and think Grealish - Buendia - Traore will be our starting line-up, and ESR won’t happen - if it did then I too might be moving on AEG but I think we are still one short as things stand. So we end up at the same conclusion using different workings.

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t know if it affects your view on this or not but both Grealish or Buendia will play central before JJ or Carney in any league game so you could say getting another body on the wing is just the same as getting one there.

Personally I’m actually a step the other way and think Grealish - Buendia - Traore will be our starting line-up, and ESR won’t happen - if it did then I too might be moving on AEG but I think we are still one short as things stand. So we end up at the same conclusion using different workings.

No I really don't think they will.

Buendia didn't play a single game at CAM last year. His defensive work rate is why he is so valuable. It's make believe by our fans that he suddenly goes central next year.

Dean could easily have spent the considerable fee from Barkley on a LW to put Jack central last year but he's been quoted by Jack to say that he gets all his goals and assists on the wing (Jack blamed his FIFA stats on Dean playing him left last year). Jack will be on the left and Buendia will be on the right.

Ramsey made more appearances central than Jack (9) and Buendia (0) combined last year. 16 sub appearances and 5 starts. We can debate as to whether he was played as an 8 or a 10 in those but it was more than both centrally either way. 

Carneys one or two appearances were both central and he's a natural CM / CAM. I think he'll play central more than Buendia next year even if Emi is positioned there in a couple of games

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Buendia didn't play a single game at CAM last year. His defensive work rate is why he is so valuable. It's make believe by our fans that he suddenly goes central next year.

Your second sentence is exactly why I think he’ll play central for us. And saying he didn’t play a single game central is a bit of a misnomer because he played where he wanted - if you look at his assists the vast majority came from the middle 1/3 of the pitch.

Either way it’s exciting, amazing that our discussion is over exactly where players of the quality of Grealish and Buendia start.

• Like 1

Reading up on Alvarez it seems he can play on either wing or as an attacking midfielder, and as a striker he drops deep and plays almost as No.10. Which makes me wonder if he's a possible alternative to Smith Rowe.