Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

If we’re buying JWP and Buendia with Jack still at the club, would tend to mean 1 of 2 things:

1). They are spending the money we’d get from Jack and pocketing the change.  (Doesn’t sound like our owners), or

2). We are confident Jack is staying.

Sounds a lot more likely to be 2).  I get the feeling Jack’s agreed a new deal, only to be signed and announced after all our in comings (Avoiding wage inflation).

25 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Aside from a great deadball, what does Ward Prowse do of note? Please somebody tell me because I don't get it.

He reminds me of Sidwell except for the freekicks. Midfield Central. Jack of all master of none.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

He reminds me of Sidwell except for the freekicks. Midfield Central. Jack of all master of none.

He's a master free kick taker and his throw ins are sublime.

Anyway, how's the Mrs, did she survive last night?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

If we’re buying JWP and Buendia with Jack still at the club, would tend to mean 1 of 2 things:

1). They are spending the money we’d get from Jack and pocketing the change.  (Doesn’t sound like our owners), or

Sounds a lot more likely to be 2).  I get the feeling Jack’s agreed a new deal, only to be signed and announced after all our in comings (Avoiding wage inflation).

He’s already on an excellent contract, why offer him another deal already? That would be reckless, he’s already our highest paid player. Don’t need to offer him a new contract every season - just concentrate on improving the first team and being more successful, it’s not all about money. 

13 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

I think it has to be 2.

We know we are very light squad size wise, we know the owners want to challenge for european places and depth was our problem last season and we know we have to add quality to keep Jack happy.  I also think the likes of Buendia wouldnt come to us unless they had some reassurances Jack was staying as we are a different proposition as a club if Jack leaves.  Buendia basically signing as soon as we bid, disregarding interest from Arsenal and/or some spanish interest says to me that Buendia can see or has been sold the project that includes Jack.  These owners have shown nothing but serious intent since they have been here which gives me extra confidence.

Selling Grealish after this seems to fit the media/other fan logic but given what we know it doesnt fit at all, it would be contrary to everything we have seen for two years and have been told.

• Like 2

Buendia, JWP, McNeil would be an incredible window. £120 million surely. 

Add in either a back up left back or a centre back who can play ala Konsa at right back would be great.

Icing would be another striker that would allow Wesley or Davis to go on loan.  

40 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I wonder would McGinn or Luiz be a make-weight in this deal?

Never really rated JWP other than his set pieces (is he really any better than our existing players?) but yeah, if we are going for him it does make you wonder if we are sacrificing one of our midfielders… but I can’t see who.