Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Just my theory but I think it makes a lot of sense.

One thing that seems certain is that they want young but experienced PL players, that seriously narrows the field in terms of targets. We also know that they look for players that have played circa 75% of games over the previous two seasons so again narrowing the field.

If we want a DCM then I can't actually think of that many targets that would fit the bill. Bissouma, Berg, Loftus-Cheek would be obvious ones after that I'm struggling to think of a lot of other options that fit but I'm sure there are a few.

Loftus Cheek used to be an attacking midfielder, I have no idea what he is now..... doesn't seem to be a footballer that is for sure.

Berge I am not convinced is the required level of talent we need.

I like Bissouma but I would prefer Koopmeiners and there is a few other foreign based players I would prefer also, especially for the fee involved.

Just now, paul514 said:

I like Bissouma but I would prefer Koopmeiners and there is a few other foreign based players I would prefer also, especially for the fee involved.

I don't think we will be looking abroad this window.

13 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Saint-Maximin would probably make us the most exciting attacking line up outside the current top 4. Knowing Mike Ashley’s penchant for cash we could probably get him for £40m.

40 million can buy you a hell of a wide forward from a foreign club, everyone likes Saint-Maximin but his output isn't amazing and he has had some injuries. It would be exciting though. 

Edited by paul514

12 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Saint-Maximin would probably make us the most exciting attacking line up outside the current top 4. Knowing Mike Ashley’s penchant for cash we could probably get him for £40m.

No better than Traore and he just signed 6 year deal in October for +£80k per week. Not happening thankfully

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Let's wait until they get relegated this season and sign him next summer.  Might be able to take 5 mil off the price at that point...  🤣

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No better than Traore and he just signed 6 year deal in October for +£80k per week. Not happening thankfully

I think he's much better than Traore and I like Traore. I think Traore would disappear in this Newcastle team, but ASM is a one man destructive force in the same ballpark as our own one man destructive force. He's great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I think he's much better than Traore and I like Traore. I think Traore would disappear in this Newcastle team, but ASM is a one man destructive force in the same ballpark as our own one man destructive force. He's great.

I think he is better too, and he has a lot of pace.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He's overrated glass cannon. 6 goals 10 assists in 2 seasons. Traore 7 goals and 6 assists in only 2315 minute debut season for us. 

What is it with people wanting shit overhyped players like ASM and not respecting what we've already got?

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think that is a big shame and mistake if so.

Agree. Football seems to have been hit hard by Covid everwhere but France, Spain and Italy in particular have been hammered. Its a buyers market in three of europes top leagues right now and we have the cash....

Still love the fact that Joelinton cost more than the fee for Buendia, and Arsenal paid twice as much for Nicolas Pepe.

Buendia is excellent business and once again shows our ambition. Yes he played in the Championship last season, but he was the stand out player, is now an Argentine international, and has the stats to back everything up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree. Football seems to have been hit hard by Covid everwhere but France, Spain and Italy in particular have been hammered. Its a buyers market in three of europes top leagues right now and we have the cash....

He isn't for us but even Camavinga is rumoured to be available for under 40m

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Still love the fact that Joelinton cost more than the fee for Buendia, and Arsenal paid twice as much for Nicolas Pepe.

Buendia is excellent business and once again shows our ambition. Yes he played in the Championship last season, but he was the stand out player, is now an Argentine international, and has the stats to back everything up.

His stats in the premier league the season before were good too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think that is a big shame and mistake if so.

I think it's a shame as well if that's how it pans out, perhaps not a mistake though.

We're giving ourselves a super solid base to go onwards from and it's a safe play.

Somewhere in the world, there's probably a better player than Buendia available for £33m...but...will he want to join Villa? Can he speak English? Will he like the weather in England? Can he handle the Premier League? Can he handle playing through December and January instead of getting it off like every other league does?

We know Buendia can do all that. If all our other signings can as well, we're laughing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's overrated glass cannon. 6 goals 10 assists in 2 seasons. Traore 7 goals and 6 assists in only 2315 minute debut season for us. 

What is it with people wanting shit overhyped players like ASM and not respecting what we've already got?

Because I've seen him play. I have some good friends who are Newcastle fans and I've watched them almost as much as us. He's not overhyped... probably more the opposite. I'm actually of the mindset that ASM being next level to all our attacking players bar Jack is an objective fact, and if you bring up stats it makes me wonder if you've seen him play enough, really. Every time he gets the ball he makes things happen and he gets in defender's heads. 

He'd be great for us but he'd cost an insane amount. He's a class player.

Edited by Rolta

18 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Have we been linked to Bissouma? Imagine getting him too, Arsenal would hate us more. Lol

Hopefully we finalize Buendia deal as soon as possible and start thinking about pther targets.

No all I've seen is Liverpool to pay 50 million for Bissouma to replace Wijnaldum. 

Edited by Kiwivillan