Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, barry'sboots said:

I saw an article that seemed fairly knowledgeable and sensible that said we were looking for value in Ligue 1.  I could see a surprise transfer from overseas - as with BT last year.  I am personally glad that we are sticking to the Championship/PL - I think this is sensible as players can hit the ground running/don't need an adjustment period (to the country), but also makes more sense given the current travel restrictions.

Ligue 1 is Mackenzie stomping ground

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Am loving the cohesion of these transfers that the data lads have brought to Villa - like with Buendia, as someone else said, other than the talent and position he plays he'll also be perfect to move to Villa and hit the ground running - and that we'd now have two argies and two brazillians is no random fact either - it feels very much planned and built and thought through. Question is, who's coming in next? 

Good question ... Messi or Neymar??😉

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Someone talk to me about Bissouma. Is the that good? I’ve not seen enough of him to understand the hype, in him being worth more than 3 or 4 times what we paid for Nakamba or Luiz.

I think he is brilliant and would give our midfield balance. Is he worth it compared to Nakamba? Yes I think so. Very different player to Luiz but potentially yes but bit of a flawed comparison as players within the PL cost more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Am loving the cohesion of these transfers that the data lads have brought to Villa - like with Buendia, as someone else said, other than the talent and position he plays he'll also be perfect to move to Villa and hit the ground running - and that we'd now have two argies and two brazillians is no random fact either - it feels very much planned and built and thought through. Question is, who's coming in next? 

You're not wrong, thats why i can see Guilbert staying... possibly to assist Sanson in getting settled. 

52 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I saw an article that seemed fairly knowledgeable and sensible that said we were looking for value in Ligue 1.  I could see a surprise transfer from overseas - as with BT last year.  I am personally glad that we are sticking to the Championship/PL - I think this is sensible as players can hit the ground running/don't need an adjustment period (to the country), but also makes more sense given the current travel restrictions.

I’ve no doubt we are scouting it but I think that will be for the future rather than this window. 

I used to think ASM was a bit of a banter footballer, but it's clear upon watching him that his end product is improving. However the poor lad plays for Newcastle and Steve Bruce. 

He's a mercurial talent, but he lacks a certain level of discipline in the final 3rd. A decent coach could have him flying, much in the way Nuno did with the other Traore, before the wheels fell off. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree, who do you think we NEED to move on and who COULD/MIGHT we move on to facilitate other acquisitions? 

Maybe offer them around £10mil and some add on's  + Conor thrown into deal? worth a shot Phil!! Also imagine Olise learning off Jack on the left side of our attack.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Maybe offer them around £10mil + Conor? worth a shot Phil!! As imagine Olise learning off Jack on the left side of our attack.

Sorry, zero likes left before midday🙄. Yes makes sense. Another to go along with our own academy stars, I guess the long term plan is to be making us stronger ie. Buendia and others but with one eye on the kids replacing other squad members in upcoming windows, where we are selling for decent fees and buying in whilst not far off breaking even most windows.

• Like 1

I am paticularly heartened by the speed and concise nature of our transfer business, it smacks of surety and purpose, decisive thinking and action.

We have dithered in the past and it has been unnerving.

This "early bird" syndrome flies in the face of waiting for the market to warm up.....we are proving to be pacesetters and trail blazers.

Well done Villa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am paticularly heartened by the speed and concise nature of our transfer business, it smacks of surety and purpose, decisive thinking and action.

We have dithered in the past and it has been unnerving.

This "early bird" syndrome flies in the face of waiting for the market to warm up.....we are proving to be pacesetters and trail blazers.

Well done Villa.

Now if only we could transfer this to the launching of our new kits :D 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Now if only we could transfer this to the launching of our new kits :D 

yeah....lets focus on priorities😜

I could see us making a move for Sander Berge…

I have no idea how good he is or what his main attributes are though…

Can he be that quality, imposing DM for us?

How was he back in Belgium? Believe he was highly rated?

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I could see us making a move for Sander Berge…

I have no idea how good he is or what his main attributes are though…

Can he be that quality, imposing DM for us?

How was he back in Belgium? Believe he was highly rated?

I think Belgian football is a bit iffy to evaluate in....There has been some hits and misses.

He is a fair old unit is Sander, but I think its important to be mobile in that role too....not sure if he is that mobile.

He has played 29 games for Sheff Utd and I think their fans views are mixed, on him.

I am really not sure, this one doesn't hit me in the face, like the Emi B one does.

Edited by TRO

Still think Edouard could be a good option to challenge Watkins. Celtic apparently want around £15m and he could come in with the prospect of pushing Watkins for a place in the team, much like Iheanacho did at Leicester.

Plus, Arsenal apparently want him so that’s a reason in itself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Still think Edouard could be a good option to challenge Watkins. Celtic apparently want around £15m and he could come in with the prospect of pushing Watkins for a place in the team, much like Iheanacho did at Leicester.

Plus, Arsenal apparently want him so that’s a reason in itself.

Sure for that price. Didn't they want 45 million 2 seasons ago?