Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Is the Smith-Rowe link legit? Imagine the meltdown. 

Doubt it. Probably his agent trying to hurry them up to get new contract sorted. He wouldn't be a starter in our team tbh and rather like the look of some of our youth players coming through

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Has he kicked on, was only on the bench for France under 21s the other night.

Still the highest rated player of his age bracket in the world, he has a year left on his deal and the typical clubs for a player like him lack money at the moment.

Norwich fans seem to think Villa should still be fellow strugglers. Also, so many people have no understanding of our owners, scouting, youth system, etc. I look forward to their continuing education. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Luiz and Bissouma stats are virtually identical for last season - haven’t seen much of him play so cannot comment on whether he is a significantly better... Those who have watched him how does he stand out from Dougie, main differences and best attribute? 

They are rather similar. The numbers suggest that Bissouma is a slightly better passer over longer distances, and is better at carrying the ball. He's also more successful at disrupting when pressing, but he was asked to press less with Brighton than Dougie was here, so that could just be a result of a smaller sample size.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

You severely underrate Traore - what he’s been able to do in his first season in a mid-table side has been very good.

Even if you look past ASM’s relative lack of score involvements, he is unable to hold up play and is dispossessed far too often. If people’s main criticism of Traore is his defensive commitment, ASM is more or less the same. 

He’s also only mustered 3450 odd minutes in 2 seasons in the Premier League.

Why would we sign someone who’s only shown they can play about half the season and is not an improvement on what we already have?

I rate Traore. ASM is clearly a level above though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I rate Traore. ASM is clearly a level above though.

He's scored 1 less goal and 4 more assists in 2 seasons and 1000 more minutes than Traore in debut season in a new team. Classic overpaid Newcastle player

Am loving the cohesion of these transfers that the data lads have brought to Villa - like with Buendia, as someone else said, other than the talent and position he plays he'll also be perfect to move to Villa and hit the ground running - and that we'd now have two argies and two brazillians is no random fact either - it feels very much planned and built and thought through. Question is, who's coming in next? 

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's scored 1 less goal and 4 more assists in 2 seasons and 1000 more minutes than Traore in debut season in a new team. Classic overpaid Newcastle player

It's almost the equivalent of someone saying Grealish is no good and backing it up with some stat or other. It makes me wonder how many Newcastle games you've actually watched. If you'd watched him enough there's no way you'd be saying this. 

He's constantly impressive, so much better than his teammates and makes things happen on his own. I'm sure in a better team with actual footballing plans his stats might be more to your liking. He's pretty much the reason they're not getting relegated, stats or not.

Edited by Rolta

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

It's almost the equivalent of someone saying Grealish is no good and backing it up with some stat or other. It makes me wonder how many Newcastle games you've actually watched. If you'd watched him enough there's no way you'd be saying this. 

I'll go back to original point of him being 8 months into 6 year contract on silly wages and not even on our radar. I'll leave it at that

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I'll go back to original point of him being 8 months into 6 year contract on silly wages and not even on our radar. I'll leave it at that

Well at least this point makes sense!

2 minutes ago, MentalM said:

ASM is great troll on Twitter, would be worth signing him just for that. So many Sunderland jabs om his timeline 😁

He is really funny on Twitter. I don’t even follow but his tweets always seem to appear on my timeline.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He's constantly impressive, so much better than his teammates and makes things happen on his own. I'm sure in a better team with actual footballing plans his stats might be more to your liking. He's pretty much the reason they're not getting relegated, stats or not.

He's a fantastic dribbler, one of the best in the entire league, but he doesn't have near the end product that his price would require. His underlying creative stats aren't even good either so it isn't a case like Buendia of him just being let down by poor teammates.

I would obviously still be pleased if we signed him because he has unteachable dribbling skills and it would mean our staff believed they could extract end product from him.

But as you say he's their best player and would cost £50m+ which wouldn't be worth it. Then again I couldn't see Norwich selling Buendia for so little either.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Then again I couldn't see Norwich selling Buendia for so little either.

Buendia wasn't less than 1 year into 6 year contract and allegedly on 25k per week so we could triple his wages and still be less than Newcastle paying ASM

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia wasn't less than 1 year into 6 year contract and allegedly on 25k per week so we could triple his wages and still be less than Newcastle paying ASM

True but Buendia does have 3 years left, is a better player and more able to stay fit.

I agree though that it would be very unlikely that Newcastle would entertain bids under 50m due to the length of his contract and that would mean he wouldn't be great value especially as his end product is still mostly hypothetical at this point.

Covid has hurt a number of clubs though so the chance of him being available for a reasonable fee is above zero, even if not much above.

This Grealish / Kane love in has got me thinking.......

Kane

Watkins.          Grealish.          Buendia

McGinn.       Luiz

Targett.      Mings.    Konsa.     Cash

Martinez

Honestly think the money is there if Kane would come

• Haha 4